Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about clothing sites...

Interesting.  I haven't come across sites like this.  It's not something I'd do. 

Honored Contributor

I would certainly never do it, but I do like seeing real people, not professionally styled.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

I like it, and I love modcloth although I've yet to buy anything from them. 

I thought I liked modcloth too.  I ordered a number of items and the quality was no better than mart stores.  I should have realized there was a reason for their more reasonable prices.

I haven't bought anything from there either. It appears you get a lot of "bang for your buck" fashion-wise, but l also suspected that the quality can't be that high. Maybe it's a similar concept to H&M: trendy fashions that are supposed to last a season or two.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

my daughter shops quite a bit at modcloth and she has posted her photos there a few times. it is her favorite online store. i disagree with some that are saying that the quality isnt great. the items that she has ordered have been excellent quality, unique looks, and have lasted for a couple of years.....and they are not inexpensive. she LOVES the quirky fashions and the vintage looks. i shop for her there often during the holiday season and her birthday. they dont keep a ton of stock and the inventory rotates often. her latest purchase was the skirt with the mushrooms and gnomes.....she gets a lot of compliments on it.

i think it is a great marketing strategy on their websites and on facebook/twitter/instagram. it is a great way to see different items on a wide variety of shapes, ages, and sizes.

Gnome It All Skirt - Novelty Print, Print, Casual, Vintage Inspired, Folk Art, Critters, A-line, Spring, Summer, Fall, Woven, High Rise, Mid-length, Red, Multi, Polka Dots, White, Fairytale, Quirky, Cotton, Variation

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

One of the things I really like about the forums is that I learn something all the time. Who knew there was a clothing site where you could post pics of the clothes u bought there? Not me! I think it is a wonderful idea. A good marketing concept to show everyday people in the clothes they sell. I loved the pic of the girl with the owl purse. So many complaints on these forums about not showing models larger than size Large. This site lets people in sizes similar to their own see what an item will look like on them. Bravo, Mod Cloth!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

it's new to me.  i've never heard of it.  i guess it's ok, but i think that's what models are for.  i don't want to be looking at pictures of people.  i want to be looking at the clothes.

Respected Contributor

Love it!

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

One of the things I really like about the forums is that I learn something all the time. Who knew there was a clothing site where you could post pics of the clothes u bought there? Not me! I think it is a wonderful idea. A good marketing concept to show everyday people in the clothes they sell. I loved the pic of the girl with the owl purse. So many complaints on these forums about not showing models larger than size Large. This site lets people in sizes similar to their own see what an item will look like on them. Bravo, Mod Cloth!

LOL.  I thought that was a cat face bag 😕

Trusted Contributor

I just returned 3 shirts from them. I had bought large and they were just too tight. 

Honored Contributor

These are some of the workwear looks that people have submitted.

Open Outfit Link 83762 

Open Outfit Link 83104

Open Outfit Link 82977

Open Outfit Link 83325

Open Outfit Link 83160

Open Outfit Link 82921

Open Outfit Link 82674

Open Outfit Link 82636

Open Outfit Link 82361

Open Outfit Link 81909