Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you feel about all the wide leg pants?

@Catch71 wrote:

I am only 5'1" with fairly thin legs.  I put on wide leg pants and it looks like I have 2 sticks poking out of the legs.  I had no trouble with bell bottoms, but when the pants dont come down to the ankle they just look odd.

I love wide-leg pants but they have to be full length.  When they are cropped and you are not above average height, they look like floods and end up making you look shorter and wider.

Respected Contributor

I like many styles of pants, including those with wide legs. As I have stated in the past, the key thing for me is to have the proper shoes and top to go with the pant style/cut. I am quite petite, but I really feel I can wear most any style when it is complemented by the right shoes, accessories, and other pieces of clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I love them, and feel very comfortable in them. I'm 5'4", weigh 110 pounds and have thin legs and don't feel overwhelmed in them at all. In fact, I love them in the summertime because they are lightweight and not body hugging. I don't wear shorts of any length at my age, and jeans are a no-go for me in the summer.  Cuddl Duds, SG, and Halston all have light weight summer wide leg pants that I'm comfortable and cool when wearing. If they're not for you, that's fine....I like them and get compliments when I wear them. They must be below ankle length and the right top and sandals are required to carry it off IMO. I'm glad we all have choices that work for us!

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I like many styles of pants, including those with wide legs. As I have stated in the past, the key thing for me is to have the proper shoes and top to go with the pant style/cut. I am quite petite, but I really feel I can wear most any style when it is complemented by the right shoes, accessories, and other pieces of clothing.

@jonbon 

Amen sister!

Respected Contributor

Ahhhh they call it ‘fashion’.  We go from sausage-casing skinny, leggings to wide leg baggy styles!  One extreme to the other end of the spectrum!  

Just want a balanced leg line, not super tight, not wide and baggy-

This is what I ignore fashion trends.  I like balanced clothing, that is tailored, but not crazy-tight, hot, and restricting! I pass.

Occasional Contributor

Well, years ago in the 60's-70's they were the thing.  I look back at old pictures of myself now and wonder "what was I thinking".

Yes, they look super great on tall models with extremely high heels, but us average people who don't consistently wear high heels, we look like stumps.  

Honored Contributor

I prefer a slim leg pant.  I do have a pair of wide leg (the GILI TSV), and I like them for certain occasions.  But for the most part I like pants that fit closely to my legs.

Contributor

I am super picky about the fit of any pants. I love a flattering wide leg pant which for me means fitted at the top, then gradual widening on way down leg. It must cover my shoe.

i don’t like the look of a ankle length wide leg, intentional or otherwise.

i do own some wide leg denim crop pants  from NYDJ that are really cute, comfy and I get tons of compliments on.

Super Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I am only 5'1" with fairly thin legs.  I put on wide leg pants and it looks like I have 2 sticks poking out of the legs.  I had no trouble with bell bottoms, but when the pants dont come down to the ankle they just look odd.

I like the tailored wide leg pants with a floral or simple print. I find them to be a nice alternative to a maxi skirt. I definitely like them to be full length.

Respected Contributor

There's no right or wrong about anyone's feelings. Either you like wide leg pants or you don't! Personally, Just for the record...I like them! Smiley Happy