Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about Easy Pay?

I try not to use it, but sometimes I use the speed option and something goes through as an easy pay.

Once I realize this has happened, I go into my account and pay it off.  I'd prefer that it not be the default option on eligible items.

Honored Contributor

I think it is a slippery slope.  It seems like an easy way for people who can least afford to get into debt.  I have used easy pay a couple of times on a high ticket item but usually I just pay the whole amount and pay my cc bill in full every month.  

Trusted Contributor

I only use it when I buy an item of clothing that I'm not sure will fit or look good on me. Then I'm only dinged out for the first payment for a short time until the return is processed.

I never use it on housewares because I'm usually pretty certain that those purchases will work.

I pay my card off every month.

Respected Contributor

On large ticket items on occasion I think it is okay. But to offer it daily on a item that is fifty/sixty dollars or under just gets people in over their head that otherwise could not afford the item.

I have often read complaints when two payments hit on the same billing cycle due to the way their financial institutions billing cycle may end that month.

Especially if it is their bank account and they are not expecting that extra payment and their account then overdrafts they come on here moaning that it is QVC fault..sometimes that is the way it happens with billing cycles at times.

I find QVC and the hosts are very irresponsible (but doing their jobs) when telling people for the cost of $23 you get the item home..well then what about the next three months?  Often times people get in over their heads on these easy pays when they have mutliple out there and are on a limited - fixed income/budget. I find it irresponsible int his day and age. Yes, people are adults and need to take personal responsibiilty for their actions and they know how much they can afford..

Great occasionally for a larger ticket item you could not find in the budget at that time..or if on the fence on a larger ticketed item..you can get it home and see how you like it for the cost of one payment, tax and S&H.  But to buy multiple clothing items and/or other items you cannot afford is not good.. Who wants to order a top in January/February and still be paying in July/August?

The people they are marketing to are not the ones that pay their bill monthly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't.  It depends.  With QVC and HSN, the easy pays are charged to a debit card so the money comes out of a checking account.  I do have an Evine card that I have used value pay on and it is paid off monthly if there is a balance.

If I use it, I make sure I keep track of what is going on so I don't end up with a ginormous payment or deductions from checking every month.  I would not use it on something seasonal and I don't like payments beyond 3 months.  I don't want to still be making payments on a summer top in November, skincare that was used up 3 months prior or food that has already been eaten.   

Many times I've used it if I'm not sure about what I'm ordering.  If I like the item and will keep it, I go to my account and pay it in full.   

Honored Contributor

It is a nice option.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I've been with the Q from almost the beginning and I've had a Q-card....  but decided I only wanted one credit card for emergencies and purchases that *I* will monitor monthly.  So prior to our big move across the country five years ago I paid it totally off and cut up and cancelled the card attached to it.

As far as easy pays.... yes, I like the convenience but unless you're used to self-imposed strictness with your spending, it can become too much monthly with "paying" off several items at once.  The stress is just not worth it!..............

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can take them or leave them.  For many years, I did not do Easy Pay.  If I bought something big, like a laptop, I put it on a credit card.  If I bought small stuff, like shoes and dresses, I just paid for them with my debit card.  My feeling was (and still is) that if I cannot afford to pay for something NOW, I simply cannot afford it.  However, since they started the pop up Easy Pays I have been using it more often.  Also I use Easy Pay if I am not sure about sizing or color.  I have used Easy Pay more in the past year than I did in the 10 previous years.  It's okay.  I often pay them off early, so I never have a lot going on at one time. 

Honored Contributor

I used it once for an item over $200. Normally I don't use it. I pay off my credit bills each month. When I used to order from the Q often it made it easier to track purchases. I still use it for the 2 or 3 times each year I order something. I can see where it can help people, but too much easy pay can also get a person in trouble if they aren't shopping responsibly. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have entered the EZ pay abyss myself and, as a result, had to jump through hoops with my bank to get some paid recently.  I don't have charge cards, just my bank card attached to my checking, and it limits my transactions to 12 per day.  Well, if you have more than 12 charges in a day, it can mess things up.  Long story short, I was 10 EZ pays past due on my Q account, and even though there was money to pay them, they couldn't get paid because of the limited number of card transactions per day. (I also have EZ pays coming out from evine and HSN.)  Soooo, I had to ask the bank to allow all of the transactions to go through at once.  They said they'd take the maximum off for only 30 mins. so I had to scramble to pay them during that time. 

No more EZs for me until I get the current ones paid off!