Respected Contributor

How do you feel about Easy Pay?

I had never thought much about Easy Pay until I realized that I had entered the "easy pay abyss".  When ordering, I usually just hit "speed buy" and use my q card as my default payment method...automatic 3 easy pays.  Then there are the 4 easy pays and 5 easy pays and I realize that I'm still paying for something that I bought for a prior season.  I am on a mission.  Once all of my easy pays are paid, I am not ordering anything else with payments.  I think this is a slippery slope that can make many of us shop more than we should.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about Easy Pay?

[ Edited ]

It does not matter to me. I pay my credit card off in full each month. Sometimes I do easy pay, other times I do not.  I do not have nor want a Q card. 

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree!  I purchased quite a few of both the Barbara King & Compass Home privacy fences.  I purchased so many of them I decided to put them on easy pay.  Now don't get me wrong, I love what I bought but I am also still paying for things I purchased a couple of months back.  Like you, once my easy pays are paid off anything & everything I buy from the Q will be paid for all at once, up front, finished and done!  One more month to go......  :-)

Respected Contributor

I don't have a Q card and probably never will.  I just use my credit card.  I never use easy pay.  I click on "speed buy" and when the next window pops up, I click on "I would like to review the order total (with shipping and handling and applicable tax included) or edit my order before I submit it."  I change the easy pay (automatically selected) to one payment.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I'm not drinking the easy pay kool-aid! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

I have never used Easy Pay and view it as a trap that can ensnare many who aren't careful.  While each person is responsible for his/her spending, some people find EP something that draws them in and before they know it, they're in over their heads.  EP doesn't reduce the price in any way; it just spreads the payments out. I would prefer to see lower prices, especially for those of us who pay their credit cards in full at the end of the month.  Just my opinion.   docsgirl

Honored Contributor

I only use it when I buy something over $75.  I usually end up pulling the payments ahead.  I can see how it can get out of hand if you don't pay attention.

Respected Contributor

Personally not a fan of easy pay, I prefer to pay in full always...in my opinion, I feel it makes people buy more.  Easy pay may make it more affordable for lots of people, but if you tend to throw caution to the wind, you can get yourself into a financial mess...I feel easy pay is an enabler for lots of people who otherwise might not purchase the item(s).

Honored Contributor

While I use easy pay sometimes, I really don't like it.  I check my credit card almost daily because once someone did a couple of  unauthorized charges.  I hate seeing a pending charge only to find out it's a QVC easy pay payment that I had forgotten about.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I think easy pay is a great idea and it is nice to have the option if it is something you really need or want and is a high ticket item. The only think I feel like happens to a lot of people is that they don't realize how fast those easy pays add up then when they get their bill they are shocked at how much it is from all those payments on different items that is due. I have never used it myself but I think if someone can really use it wisely then it would be a good option.