Honored Contributor

How do I resist all those never-ending flowered tops?

I used to dress mainly in solids.  No stripes or polka dots for me, maybe a plaid here and there.  So my wardrobe was pretty brief, how many black tops can you buy?  How many turquoise?  Then along came florals.  They go on forever, and so does my buying.  I think I'm done and bam !  there's another one I can't live without.  

Honored Contributor

Re: How do I resist all those never-ending flowered tops?

@depglass- LOL!  Do you want a group of us to come round and stage a floral intervention?

I don't think I'd be much help.  My closets are overflowing with yet another piece of clothing that I just couldn't resist, despite not needing another thing for the next ten years at least.

All I can say is repeat after me "I do NOT need this top!"  Sometimes it works.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Once you open that  print/floral door......you cannot close it...LOL   Just enjoy the colors of life.

Respected Contributor

I'm a floral addict too!  Especially in tops but also dresses.  No shame in my game, I always feel pretty in florals.  I too was a solids only person in the past.  I feel liberated now.

Honored Contributor

I do own some floral tops and some, I think just 2, floral bottoms, but please, no one count how many floral scarves I own.  I don't even wear scarves all that often now that I'm a snowbird and it's just too warm for one most of the time, but I love them and still find it hard to walk away from the beautiful patterns in beautiful fabric.

Respected Contributor

If I knew, I'd tell you. Smiley Wink

I also love tops with prints and it's hard! I just have to set a budget and try to stick to it.

Super Contributor

LOL! I always go through phases with fashion. I don't buy many floral tops, but I'm in a phase of buying pants/jeans that have floral embroidery. I think a floral top addiction would actually be cheaper! 

Esteemed Contributor

When wearing solid bottoms, a floral top makes a great addition. I have several but I watch the size of the print.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I used to buy a lot of florals and other prints, but in the past few years I have gotten away from that.

Most of the florals today are way too big and make me look like grandma's sofa or old fashioned wallpaper. I am 5'1".

I still buy florals, but I am picky.  There are not too many that catch my eye anymore.

I am patiently waiting for smaller floral patterns.  Floral scarves are beautiful in the large patterns, but not tops, pants, skirts and dresses on me.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, florals are having a special moment right now.   It won't last.  Enjoy!  I love them too!!!!!Smiley Happy