Honored Contributor

Re: How could anyone say these are not overly tight?

On 3/24/2014 Kathleen said:
On 3/24/2014 happy housewife said:
On 3/24/2014 sidsmom said:

I remember when the Q took pride w/ no matter who the manufacturer, the measurements would be universal. I haven't ordered any clothing in quite some time due to this...you never know what you're getting. And with leggings...there's no room for error! Depends on the manufacturer...and how I feel that day...and what I ate last night!! =Smiley Very Happy

You have to take the fabric and garment style into consideration. Some styles are designed to fit closer to the body than others. Some fabrics are stretchy and therefore you don't need as much wearing ease.

There are too many variables. That's why it's important to compare your body measurements with the garment measurements.

If you don't understand wearing ease, take something out of your closet that fits the way you like. Measure it and then compare those measurements to the "click here" garment measurements.

I sew - i perfectly understand wearing ease - and it is supposed to be 3 to 4 inches LARGER than your body measurement and not 4 to6 inches smaller than your actual body measurement.

Except for knits ... negative ease is common. Woven fabrics - positive ease.

A garment can be made with positive ease (larger than the body) or with negative ease (smaller than the body). The ideal amount of ease for a particular garment is influenced by the garment style, the characteristics of the fabric, the ebb and flow of fashion trends and your personal preference. From Twist Collective.

and after you stretch that piece of knitted fabric out 4 to 6 inches it shrinks right back to as tight as possible for it to go and clings to every lump, bump and hunk of cellulite on your body - drastically emphasizing them. As someone said already - just because you can does not mean you should.
Honored Contributor

Re: How could anyone say these are not overly tight?

On 3/24/2014 sidsmom said:

I remember when the Q took pride w/ no matter who the manufacturer, the measurements would be universal. I haven't ordered any clothing in quite some time due to this...you never know what you're getting. And with leggings...there's no room for error! Depends on the manufacturer...and how I feel that day...and what I ate last night!! =Smiley Very Happy

You have to take the fabric and garment style into consideration. Some styles are designed to fit closer to the body than others. Some fabrics are stretchy and therefore you don't need as much wearing ease.

There are too many variables. That's why it's important to compare your body measurements with the garment measurements.

If you don't understand wearing ease, take something out of your closet that fits the way you like. Measure it and then compare those measurements to the "click here" garment measurements.

I sew - i perfectly understand wearing ease - and it is supposed to be 3 to 4 inches LARGER than your body measurement and not 4 to6 inches smaller than your actual body measurement.

Except for knits ... negative ease is common. Woven fabrics - positive ease.

A garment can be made with positive ease (larger than the body) or with negative ease (smaller than the body). The ideal amount of ease for a particular garment is influenced by the garment style, the characteristics of the fabric, the ebb and flow of fashion trends and your personal preference. From Twist Collective.

and after you stretch that piece of knitted fabric out 4 to 6 inches it shrinks right back to as tight as possible for it to go and clings to every lump, bump and hunk of cellulite on your body - drastically emphasizing them. As someone said already - just because you can does not mean you should.

Not all of us have lumps, bumps and cellulite. . .