Honored Contributor

Re: How about more styles offered for short people!?

Sounds like we're getting the short end of the stick.

Respected Contributor

On 6/8/2014 helping said: We tall women have a more difficult problem - we can't lengthen items that are too short. Too short sleeves, pants, skirts, tops, coats, etc. Especially when QVC is unwilling to provide hems that are wide enough to let down. At least short women can have their items shortened. We don't have that option.
I agree. I'm 6ft tall. It seems that those of us on either end of the height chart are forgotten. It feels like the talls are left out more often though.
Respected Contributor

ITA w/OP. I'm 5'0" and would have loved to order the Lisa Rinna tunic presented yesterday that sold out, but would have looked ridiculous in such a long top. It was really, really cute. Too bad. I think some day these vendors will realize that there is definitely a market for petite-sized clothing.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am a catalog shopper. Seems they do the best job. Of course cannot try it on but cannot try anything on at the Q either. I am also short... 5 feet. And I will not alter anything. They either make it right or I don't buy it. That is my motto.

Esteemed Contributor

Just another comment or two. Yes, I agree and I remember for years and years short gals are asking for petite lengths. Even the shortest vendors don't seem to get it. I find that funny and sad all at the same time.

I buy from Blair, Haband, Costco and they have petites. I don't have many stores here so I have to get clothing from the Internet.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/8/2014 DiAnne said:
On 6/8/2014 DiAnne said:

How about tall people?? I am 5'10"" and wear a narrow shoe. There is nothing for us. Not everyone is short....

The average American woman in 2014 is 5' 3.8"" tall and weighs l66 lbs.says CDC.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/8/2014 bonnielu said:

I am a catalog shopper. Seems they do the best job. Of course cannot try it on but cannot try anything on at the Q either. I am also short... 5 feet. And I will not alter anything. They either make it right or I don't buy it. That is my motto.

Petite is not just the length, bonnie. The rise is too long; the leg cut of the pant falls differently. Who wants to buy a pair of regular pants for $30., and spend more to have the complete pant altered. There are lots of petites in retail. The Q doesn't even cater to the average American woman.

Respected Contributor

Everything I've read says that the average woman is a size 14. That sure proves out in the merchandise on sale racks - all small sizes, nothing over a size 12. They're all gone!

And if you're 5'1" like me, you have to consider adding the cost of alterations to anything you buy. Big pain in neck. Even the petite pants seem a little long much of the time. Especially the pedal pushers and Capris.

I've given up buying clothes from the Q. I usually have to return them, and that's an apparent no no .

Respected Contributor

People have been begging Q for decades for more petite clothing. It won't happen anytime soon.

Trusted Contributor

I do agree that tall women have it much harder than petite. You can always remove, but you can't really add!

I am petite, 5' 2" on a good day, but I have a longer inseam. 29 inches work perfectly for me. So many petite length are too short and regular lengths are too long.

I have basically found 3 styles of pants that have a true 29 inch inseam after washing that work for me. I have all colors in all 3 styles. That gives me 16 different pair of pants. More than what I need, so instead of getting upset over my "situation" I have come to terms with it and turned it into a positive.

I never have to shop for pants! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}