Honored Contributor

Re: How Would You Describe "New Antique Rose"?

Gosh it's a beautiful color (to me).  My laptop screen shows some of the photos here as being slightly lavender/purple.  The Antique Rose I'm thinking about is a powdery pink antique rose.  I love it, and I'm going to look around for a top or two.   I'd have to see it in person, although D&Co. is very close to what I'm thinking (of).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I always think of Antique Rose as this color...and yet this is what the fashion industry calls "Mauve."  Remember mauve??? I never hear that color name anymore.

Mauve.jpg

Not at all this color, @Caaareful Shopper. Antique Rose is not a flattering color on most people. I ordered the blouse with the tee, and I can tell you the color does absolutely nothing for me. I'm a medium complexion with yellow undertones, much like a Bobbi Brown natural. It's a very blah color on me and definitely a hard-to-work with color. I also ordered the crop pants with it. I kept it all, and now have an outfit that never looks good.

The color is a muddy brown rose with not much life in it. Carolyn & Gary are always talking how much it's loved. Somehow it looks better on TV than in real life.

Whatever it is, I cannot wear it either @febe1. It's definitely blah on me as well.  

Honored Contributor

Rose is a hard color to make you look good.  It's dull so it does nothng for the complexion.  I never order it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I havve the denim jaceket with lace and love it. Wear with blavk tee and pants.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a rosey pink with brown tones.  I have heard it said that every woman looks great in pink.  They obviously haven't seen me in rose or pink in any shade or intensity. 

Valued Contributor

If you want others to view you as "old" go for it, it reminds them of "old lady" pink.

Respected Contributor

I always wondered if my TV was making this color look off.  It always looks like a dirty brownish peachy color.  I would look sickly in that color.  I just don't think that color would flatter many people but they always talk like it is such a hit.  

Regular Contributor

I am a winter (dark brown hair, fair skin, dark brown eyes)  and antique Rose is awful on me!!  Bring me bright Rose Pink! lol

Honored Contributor

Actually morganite can vary slightly depending on where it formed.  Also, because the cut of the stone adds light, I would suggest "dusty rose"  as antique rose.

Valued Contributor

Cat Vomit

I just had to switch my senior cat to Gentle Chow & the color is the same.