Honored Contributor

How Would You Describe "New Antique Rose"?

[ Edited ]

This is a Denim and Co. color I have a hard time getting an accurate "read" on.  As a fairly light "Summer",  I can wear some shades of rose well, but if they veer too close to coral, or a little on the brownish side, I am "washed out city".

I have blue undertones, if that helps.  I've noticed that if a color looks good on the model Pam, it usually is ok for me.  She wore the new antique rose lace jacket and looked great.  But her makeup was a bit more pronounced than usual, I noticed.

So, if anyone has ordered this color, I'd welcome your feedback, thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: How Would You Describe "New Antique Rose"?

It is a brownish rose.  It looked great on TV and awful on me!

Frequent Contributor

I purchased a pair of Denim&Co. crop pants last summer in antique rose. It is a muddy brownish rose color and it is not easy to find tops that coordinate with them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, antique rose is a a vintage, heirloom or antique looking rose color.  

Honored Contributor

Uh-oh, I was afraid of that--- thanks for the info, you two.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oops, now with AKgirl, there are now 3 people dubious about the color.  Rats!

Esteemed Contributor

I would call it a bleached terra cotta.  I love corals and roses and they don't always look good on me look good on me unless I am tan, and this antique rose looks good with my complexion year-round.

I am predominately Scan, with deep blue eyes and light brown hair that bleaches blonde in the sun, and a fair complexion with gold brown undertones..  There is enough wash in the color to not draw away from my face, I think.  I generally look ok in red, and blue.  HTH!

I like this color very much.  Nice neutral.

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

It is an unflattering shade, not a rose, not a pink, just yucky and old looking.  

Honored Contributor

I think the antique rose has a definite brownish underlay.  I've been wearing a short-sleeved sweater in this color for a few months now and it's perfect near my face.  I'm what the Color Me Beautiful people used to call a TRUE autumn -  pretty much every thing brown or orange is good on me. 

I do know there are universal colors - really haven't watched to see if this is one of them.

Honored Contributor

It's not a good sign when no one says affirmatively, yeah, I wear it and it is super flattering!   If it is the shade I am picturing, with all of your input about the muted, "brownish" aspect, then maybe someone with a more Autumn type coloring, with tawny or golden undertones, would look good in it.  Unfortunately, that's not me...