Honored Contributor

Re: How Would You Describe "New Antique Rose"?

@Oznell. After hearing that color described by various hosts, I declined. I have fair skin/blue undertones & this rose shade seems to have a muddy, pink tinge. I look better in "pure" colors.

Honored Contributor

Well, no sooner do I write my previous post, than I hear from people who look good in the shade, ha!   But as I suspected, you all seem more tawny than blue, and I bet it does look smashing on you!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's fun to be doing this in real time.  You all are confirming my initial concern.  Thanks all for you unput!

Honored Contributor

they had a 'rose brown' jacket on the other day. Never could get my head wrapped around that one.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell, I am a Light Summer and pulled out my CMB swatch book and held it up to the screen when looking at A282681 in Antique Rose. Unfortunately, the Denim & Co. color seems too peachy, with a brownish undertone, compared to my swatches. I remember having a chenille sweater in that same color that made me look just awful. I let my cat have it for kneading purposes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good one, noodleann!  And it sounds like I would have the same problem with the shade as you...

Honored Contributor

I always think of Antique Rose as this color...and yet this is what the fashion industry calls "Mauve."  Remember mauve??? I never hear that color name anymore.

Mauve.jpg

Valued Contributor

dull and blah

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I always think of Antique Rose as this color...and yet this is what the fashion industry calls "Mauve."  Remember mauve??? I never hear that color name anymore.

Mauve.jpg

Not at all this color, @Caaareful Shopper. Antique Rose is not a flattering color on most people. I ordered the blouse with the tee, and I can tell you the color does absolutely nothing for me. I'm a medium complexion with yellow undertones, much like a Bobbi Brown natural. It's a very blah color on me and definitely a hard-to-work with color. I also ordered the crop pants with it. I kept it all, and now have an outfit that never looks good.

The color is a muddy brown rose with not much life in it. Carolyn & Gary are always talking how much it's loved. Somehow it looks better on TV than in real life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One word...MORGANITE.

download.jpg

download.jpg