Honored Contributor

Re: How To Get Your Money's Worth From A Wedding Dress

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

While it's her dress and she can do whatever she wants, I think it's a complete waste.  There are organizations that will gladly accept wedding gowns.  Many brides would love a gown and cannot afford one.

There are organization that take gowns and use the material for Communion dresses and even burial gowns for infants. It was only after I read about these organizations that I thought to use the train on my wedding gown to make a dress for our 1 year old granddaughter to be buried in.

I donated my wedding dress and my mothers wedding dress to a local cause that does just this. My friend was involved in making these precious little baptismal gown for those babies that had gone to heaven too soon. My wedding dress was 38 years old and my moms dress was about 60 years old. I'm sure my mom approved of how I disposed of her gown. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

How contrived !!!  People will do anything and post everything for a few minutes of attention.

Honored Contributor

i had my wedding dress preserved.....it was beautiful.

maybe about ten years ago i wondered why i even did that.....it wasnt cheap.

i ended up donating it and hoping that it went to someone who really needed and wanted a wedding dress, but could not afford one.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Beautiful dress and she wears it well @Greeneyedlady21 .

Honored Contributor

Tiny bit silly!

Honored Contributor

Cute and tongue in cheek... But the best way to get your money's worth from a wedding dress is not to buy one in the first place... Nice ones are grossly over-priced and really pretty pointless... Take yourself shopping for a pretty dress or gown that will see future use and save yourself a bundle... The entire wedding industry is one that's wings I'd like to see clipped... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...