Honored Contributor

How To Chose Clothes For A Large Breast-Justine Leconte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXXvhu9_TZ0

This video has good examples for this type of fashion.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Re: How To Chose Clothes For A Large Breast-Justine Leconte

@ECBGI stayed with her until she began extolling the wrap dress.  Except for wearing a top that's too small or too short, I can't think of a single less flattering look on my body. Maybe they work up to a certain size, but there are none in my closets.   Of course, she never told us the cup size of her models, but I seriously doubt any of them fit my idea of large.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGI stayed with her until she began extolling the wrap dress.  Except for wearing a top that's too small or too short, I can't think of a single less flattering look on my body. Maybe they work up to a certain size, but there are none in my closets.   Of course, she never told us the cup size of her models, but I seriously doubt any of them fit my idea of large.

@millieshops,Totally see what you're referring to.  The wrap dress has helped some but not all women for sure.

Hopefully, you got some good tips.

Honored Contributor

I always have to size up for a wrap dress or top and then I take it to a tailor stitch down the wrap part for me based on whether I am wearing it for work or for dates/evening.  I don't generally have to have the bottom altered, but I do have to have it hemmed as I am 5'4.25" and a dress has to hit me in just the right place to work.  I also have to have the sleeves taken up.

Yes, it requires a lot of work, so I have to love it and it has to be flattering enough to make it worth it.

I have 2 wrap dresses and they are my go-to work horses.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

What does she know about it - she's flat chested!!  She shows button down blouse with darts.  I don't care how many darts (and they would have to be custom made), a button down blouse is a huge no for big busted woman!! 

Honored Contributor

Go girl ! Like those tiny bras Q sells with that blonde gal and her daughters.

Wouldn't do me any good. LOL

Denim and Co.'s jackets are the best for my 44 DDD's. ROFL

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

What does she know about it - she's flat chested!!  She shows button down blouse with darts.  I don't care how many darts (and they would have to be custom made), a button down blouse is a huge no for big busted woman!! 

@PookI was so excited to get a button down shirt from Marlawynne (HSN) recently that actually buttoned and I don't have to pin it!

Respected Contributor

Big bustline is my no. 1 fashion challenge!  Lately if I'm buying tops to fit there, they are too big everywhere else like the sleeves are too long for my arms!

Honored Contributor

@ECBGShe pretty much confirmed what I do.   I've been dressing a large bust since I was in 5th grade;  apparently I do okay because sales clerks often dont realize how big I am until they have to agree with me that a style they chose just doesn't work on my body.  I was lucky to have a mother who faced the same issue and she was insistent on choosing what works to minimize.That was one thing we never much argued about!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ECBGShe pretty much confirmed what I do.   I've been dressing a large bust since I was in 5th grade;  apparently I do okay because sales clerks often dont realize how big I am until they have to agree with me that a style they chose just doesn't work on my body.  I was lucky to have a mother who faced the same issue and she was insistent on choosing what works to minimize.That was one thing we never much argued about!

@millieshops, How fortunate you were!  A good seamstress is essential too!Smiley Happy