Honored Contributor

I often see this brought up on the boards referencing that a host, model or vendor is wearing clothing that is too tight/small for their body.  I came across these new arrivals at Nordstrom.  To be fair, they are all categorized as skinny jeans, but I'm curious to see how others view the fit on the models.  

Do you think that these are too tight, or are they fitting as they should, for skinny jeans?

Respected Contributor

Re: How Tight is Too Tight?

[ Edited ]

I think unless one has a near perfect body, they should not wear jeans this tight. I think model #1 looks the best to that end. I think the pink painted on jeans are bordering on obscene because they make the model almost look naked, especially from a distance, I'm sure. I will never understand why any woman would wear tight bottoms that are close to their skin color.

Honored Contributor

If you have the body for it it looks fine.  

Honored Contributor

Too tight in my opinion and it looks uncomfortable.

I once saw a YouTube video of a model who was naked from the waist down but had  jeans painted on her.  They looked real and she went walking out in public in NYC and almost no one noticed.

Honored Contributor

You do realize that these models are most likely teenagers and don't as yet have fully developed women's bodies , right? These are who skinny was made for - tiny, skinny, not yet fully developed teenagers.

Respected Contributor

That's how skinny jeans should fit.

Honored Contributor

I will try to put this nicely. When your nether regions are outlined it's too tight. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: How Tight is Too Tight?

[ Edited ]

Skin tight jeans aren't my idea of what jeans should look like.  Comfort is my first priority, and my preference is the slim leg boot cut jean, and also the slim, straight leg jean.

Esteemed Contributor

When you can't wear them comfortably!

Honored Contributor

Those look ok on those models. IMO that type of clothing is for the younger generation. I wore tight jeans when I was in High School.

Most clothes I see on the Q models are tops & jackets that are too small/tight. If you have a jacket with a zipper, buttons or snaps & cannot zip, button or snap it closed it's too small IMO. Why would you buy a piece of clothing that costs that price if you cannot wear it comfortably. Looks like they are wearing their kids clothing. Wearing clothing that looks too small because it is looks horrible. New one I have seen lately wearing a dress that's too long looks stupid. Why would you want to sweep the floor with your clothes.