Honored Contributor

Re: How RL does Wide Leg Jeans

I am a fan wide leg pants and have quite a few pairs.   I like them flared from the hip.  

I do have a two denim pairs in indigo and in red   ... they just look like denim pants rather than jeans.

I love the way they look on me.  

Honored Contributor

I actually like them very much.  Not sure if I would wear this look at 69 but they look great on the model.  It's a trend but the way fashion is going with all different lengths of pants and jeans and styles is really the way it should be.  One woman may look great in ankle slim jeans where another woman looks better in full length skinny jeans. Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Guess I got my fill of wide-leg pants and bell bottoms back in the 60's-70's.  These are a definite "no" for me except for the waistline.  My body looks so much better in a slightly higher waist these days.  In low-slung jeans, I look like I'm 4 months pregnant.  In curved jeans with a higher waist, my tummy is flat as a fritter.  It's magic!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

While it is nice to see something that isn’t so form fitting, these are too wide for me. I don’t think they are that flattering on the model or on anyone. 

Designers have been showing wider legs for a few seasons, but I rarely see everyday women wearing them. I still see leggings, very tight jeans, and stretchy knit pants more than anything on women in my city. I doubt that wide legs will ever become super popular again. 

Personally, I prefer a straight leg pant. I think it is most flattering for all shapes and sizes. I own a few slim leg pants but nothing super tight. I own one pair of bootcut jeans and a few dress trousers that have a subtle flare. I do not wear leggings. 

I hope a variety of pant styles remain available. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Pants/jeggings/leggings have been uncomfortably tight, highwater short, and creep-down butt-crack low for too long! 

So nice to see the fashion pendulum swinging in the opposite direction.

@x Hedge The pendulum really has swung for ladies who already have more than enough skinny legs, or simply don't like skinny pants.  I was at Bloomingdale's and Macy's yesterday and checking out their shops for one of my favoroite brands, BCBG, I noticed that for the first time in a long time the pant leg options were about 50/50.  There were still leggings because they are not going anywhere soon, but the leg openings got wider from there starting with sleek straight pants to super drapey wide legs.  I wound up buying three: a straight leg; a jogger; and a wide leg with aside slits.  

@Trix- I'm a big fan of BCBG and have several BCBG pants that I wear to work.  I don't wear or like skinny leg anything on me.  I'm into the lower waisted fuller leg pants.  I'm going to check out online what Macy's & Bloomingdale's has for BCBG.

Where any of the ones your purchased by BCBG?

I purchased sale items at both stores, but the pants were purchased from Macy's.  If it helps the styles are called Straight Trouser; Wrap Front Jogger; and Ruffled Drape Asymmetrical

Trusted Contributor

Reminds me of high school. Still like the look. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love them!  I have two pair from the Gap.  can’t afford RL.

Honored Contributor

Skinny and to a degree straight still rule.  I happen to love straight.  I got this the other day from Frame

I like overalls too

Parisian Jumpsuit -- Deshais

Wide leg doesns't do it for me that much.  Here is one

Le Palazzo -- Eagle Point

More like huge flares I guess.  Not wild over it.  Since I wasn't born until 1979, I didn't really experience the 1970's.  I'm still happy with skinny, Stove pipe, cigarette, slim, straight, etc.  Pretty much everything except for old time boot cut.

Respected Contributor

Been there done that.

Not wearing the platforms that go mitt either.

Trusted Contributor

I want these!