Honored Contributor

How Often Do You Use A White Blouse? Marilyn Hellman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3pqS83BQmU

This is what I often do for my clients.  Marilyn is fantastic!

How often do you use a white blouse?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Use A White Blouse? Marilyn Hellman

I can wear a white top but never a blouse in white.  Just does not look good on me especially if it is frilly.  I did enjoy the video.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of white tops ... but only four that can be considered "blouses."  

I like white tops and wear them often  (twice last week)  ... I probably wear one of the blouses once or twice a month.

Respected Contributor

I frequently wear a white shell: they're nearly impossible to find these days, though.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I can wear a white top but never a blouse in white.  Just does not look good on me especially if it is frilly.  I did enjoy the video.  Thanks for posting.

@bonnielu,To me, having taught color, there are many shades of "white".  I understand where Marilyn's philosophy comes from, but there are winter whites, and creams for those who need a softer white.  True white can be very harsh on some complections.  Marilyn is a "winter" and can wear it.

Honored Contributor

I have a few white blouses, but I have not worn them in quite awhile. I don't care for structured clothing since I retired and prefer to be comfortable. I'm keeping them though because they don't go out of style.

Honored Contributor

I wear collared button down shirts constantly but never white.  White is not my friend - not even ivory.  I look better with color near my face.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually don't wear pure white anything because it makes my teeth look unusually more yellow or dull looking even though they are not. If I'm going to wear a white top or blouse it has to be an off-shade of white like cream, ivory or eggshell white. I also don't wear pure white pearl jewelry for the same reasons.

The last time I wore a white blouse was some time ago and it had a collar with colored embroidery on it.

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of sleeveless white button down blouses that I wear to work with black pants and a color or black cardigan, usually 3/4 sleeve or a pointelle in the warm weather. If it's not too warm on a spring day, I might add a scarf. I need a crisp look for some occasions. I also have sleeveless button down blouses in colors and several other white tops and blouses. White is like a blank canvas for me.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

@bonnielu,To me, having taught color, there are many shades of "white".  I understand where Marilyn's philosophy comes from, but there are winter whites, and creams for those who need a softer white.  True white can be very harsh on some complections.  Marilyn is a "winter" and can wear it.

@ECBG @bonnielu

I know what you mean about the shade of white!   SG has a shade of white in her butterknit that is absolutely ghastly on me.  Hard to describe .... the color is a dingy white.