Respected Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Buy Clothes You Don't LOVE?

Not often. Usually it's a problem with color. You see a color in a catalog and when it arrives, it is not what you thought. That has happened a few times.

Honored Contributor

I recently bought this blouse from JCP.  There was something about it that drew me in.  It looked like a regular long sleeved blouse.  I didn't realize, until I tried it on that it was one of those blouses that has a button on the sleeve that allows me to roll the sleeve back and tab it.  The long tab is on the inside of the sleeve so it's not visible when worn as a long sleeve blouse.

I thought about removing the button and tab, however I'm afraid it will leave some weird mark as the button is on a foil part of the blouse.

The blouse fits well, now I'm just not sure how I will wear it.  I think it will look nice with slacks or jeans and looks better when tucked in.  I don't know, I'm still thinking about it.  Jury is still out - got it sale.

Worthington Long Sleeve V Neck Woven Blouse-Talls

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I recently bought this blouse from JCP.  There was something about it that drew me in.  It looked like a regular long sleeved blouse.  I didn't realize, until I tried it on that it was one of those blouses that has a button on the sleeve that allows me to roll the sleeve back and tab it.  The long tab is on the inside of the sleeve so it's not visible when worn as a long sleeve blouse.

I thought about removing the button and tab, however I'm afraid it will leave some weird mark as the button is on a foil part of the blouse.

The blouse fits well, now I'm just not sure how I will wear it.  I think it will look nice with slacks or jeans and looks better when tucked in.  I don't know, I'm still thinking about it.  Jury is still out - got it sale.

Worthington Long Sleeve V Neck Woven Blouse-Talls

@Bird mamaOhhhhhhh...That's pretty!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

So I did a load of laundry and before I put the tops back in the closet I looked at some of them. Out went the super deep V neck baby doll long sleeve tops that I would have to wear a camisole underneath in order to be decent.

Out went a never worn pair of Lily Pulitzer linen drawstring print pants that I planned to wear as PJ pants but never did. What the heck was I thinking? I bought them from Winners at about the same time that Target released their collaboration with Lilly Pulitzer (and it sold out and crashed their website). I don't wear light colored print pants, I don't wear long white print pants, I don't wear linen pants and I don't really like Lilly Pulitzer prints either.

Esteemed Contributor

Not anymore. I am disabled and like comfy cozy warm tops in the winter. I shop at vanity. There clothes are just my style. I know exactly what size to order. The clothes on their website are always just as pictured. They give like four views of the item. Front, back and any detailing up close. I made one mistake with a pair of jeans. I ordered my size but missed they were slim fit so I should of ordered up a size. They always have great sales also. Sometimes but one get one 50% or 70% off.