Respected Contributor

How Does Everyone Feel about the "NEW" Shipping$$$ and Return Costs?

I returned a Susan Graver tiered top today and I was shocked to find out it cost me $7 to return. I didn't use the QVC label as I thought if I shipped it back on my own it would be cheaper...WRONG. If it weighs above 13 oz. it goes Priority. I pay $3 to ship to me and I don't get a refund. The top was at least 3 sizes too large for me. I could have worn it for a dress, no lie. The costs to return are getting worse and worse. I am out $10 and not a thing to show for it. I am done ordering from her line. One must be pretty darn sure what they are ordering or any savings you did get will be totally lost.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Does Everyone Feel about the ""NEW"" Shipping$$$ and Return Costs?

There's been a lot of discussion about this. Great shipping costs if you don't have to return anything. It's been effectively stopping those customers who tend to buy three or four items to pick and choose from when they get them home and then send the rest back. But for legitimate returns, I agree it's too pricey!! I think a lot of people have been making adjustments in their purchasing....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Yup, $10 to try something! Does that sound customer friendly??? I think not!

Super Contributor

I like it. I generally don't return things. I think 2011 was my last return. I'm saving money.

Honored Contributor

It's going to impact 'maybe' purchases to be sure. There'll be no more taking chances on items for many folks, and sooner or later that would almost certainly impact their revenue. I don't think most of us ordered with the intent to return, but with the understanding that if something didn't work out, we weren't unduly penalized. Now we are.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

There's no doubt that this new shipping policy has impacted my shopping and I suspect it will continue to do so. I was about to order a Linea LTS a few weeks back at an amazing price of $11 but I was back and forth on what size to order. After considering that it will cost me $3 to get it home and $6.95 to ship it back if it didn't fit, well...I thought twice and never ordered it at all. When it costs $9.95 to return an $11 item I say it's time to rethink things.

This new policy is no gift to us, at least not to my mind it's not.

Maria

Honored Contributor

I'm thrilled to be playing less for shipping, since I rarely return things.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your input. I know it will definetly make me think hard and heavy before I purchase anything I am not sure of. I've been shopping on the Q for almost 20 years and never thought about the cost of returning something if it didn't work out. But now with no credit back for shipping and the cost increase by the USPS to ship things I know I'll be ordering things that I am familiar with and know it will be something I keep. Being I don't ship a lot of items I didn't realize how much postage has went up. Lesson Learned!! Even at my age of 60+

Contributor

I like it so far. I have been shopping with the Q since around 1986 and although I do not buy a ton I have made many many purchases and I think I have only returned maybe 3 things. I will be anxious to see if it lasts or if they make more changes.

Valued Contributor

I have never thought twice about it for the last 20 years. Now I AM thinking twice because I don't want to pay $10 return shipping. Today for the first time in 8 years I hit the brick and mortar stores. It was fun and found some items. If I need to return something, I can just drive over and return it. So I guess this has impacted my shopping habits!