Honored Contributor

How Do You Really Feel In Your Clothes?

I ran across this very interesting video on clothes we wear.  

As we organize closets for the next season, you may find some useful nuggets here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMidUkjJj9g

Respected Contributor

Re: How Do You Really Feel In Your Clothes?

I tried watching this, but the woman moves back and forth so frequently that I lost interest and had to stop.

Honored Contributor

This is really nothing new. Goes back to power of our intentions. How we view ourselves effects every aspect of life. Speaking from experience, The moment regained control of destructive health choices in that very second life changing. Interesting when seeing my before picture, see soul sickness. Thank you for sharing. Speaker raises excellent observations. Have a wonderful day.⚘

Honored Contributor

Didn't watch the video because things load so slowly on my little kindle, but when @Sweet_Serenity said soul sickness, I sort of knew what it meant, but then wondered if the definition might be different to each person who read the term. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenitywrote:

This is really nothing new. Goes back to power of our intentions. How we view ourselves effects every aspect of life. Speaking from experience, The moment regained control of destructive health choices in that very second life changing. Interesting when seeing my before picture, see soul sickness. Thank you for sharing. Speaker raises excellent observations. Have a wonderful day.⚘

You are so right about the power of intentions, whether with clothing or more, @Sweet_Serenity

(I'd rather have been able to read the text for that video.  it wasn't compelling enough to watch all the way through.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I could not follow her at all....mumbled.....not focused...boring and not 1 thing she said did I agree to nor think about...did not finish nor did I think anything about her clothing. She seemed nervous and scattered. :/

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the question isn't "how we feel in our clothes" but rather "do other people judge us by our clothes."  That seemed to be the jist of video ... you are judged by what you wear.

Just reading what's written here on the forum ... there's a lot of judging going on.

Honored Contributor

@ECBGwrote:

I ran across this very interesting video on clothes we wear.  

As we organize closets for the next season, you may find some useful nuggets here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMidUkjJj9g

Respectfully said....This is the same bill of goods women were fed for years. The outside package will NOT be the determining factor in how far we get in life. It's our confidence and education that will take us far. And a big NO to making a determination of a person's worth etc by appearance. Certainly, not in my world. Some of the most beautiful people on the outside with perfect wardrobes were empty people. Quirky, smart people ...emphasis on smart change the world too often to emphasize the outside package as being all that important. This woman has missed the boat...

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch it at all but just reading the replies I have a comment for myself.  I lack confidence in most areas of my life if I am honest with myself.  So even if I put on something very pretty and nice quality clothes I still feel this way inside and see myself this way.  

Example I was at a very sad funeral recently (death of a child) and a relative sitting next to me at the wake told me how I always look to them...she said "you always are so feminine and soft...your clothes and your jewelry style".  I was so STUNNED my jaw hit the table LOL!  Not in a million yrs would I describe myself this way.  I told her (after I picked up my jaw) thank you and that I took it as a compliment. And NO we weren't even talking at that moment when she blurted that out to me!

When I used to see a chiropractor he told me to always stand up straight (I was rounding my upper back) as this conveyed confidence.  He helped me alot with posture and pain.  I suspect my slouching was my internal lack of confidence showing. I think this is more important then anything one wears. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting it, @ECBG.

I'm in need of wardrobe inspiration at the moment.

~ house cat ~