Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Like the New Embroidered Apparel Trend?

I think it would be a lot of fun wearing them!.............I just might order a pair.  The white is calling me, although I don't own/wear white jeans.  Well, there's always a first time for everything.   But, I'll probably order one of the darker colors, knowing myself.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love embroidered clothing and first bought some embroidered shoes about 3 years ago.   I now have a number of pairs as well as several with appliqued floral designs which I also love. 

About 12 years ago,  they had a D&C Jean with embroidery up the seam of the outside leg.   I have several pairs and have worn them to death.   I put them away but will have to get them out again. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Embroidery has always seemed pretty to me.  Now, I prefer the design to be the same color as the background to be a little more classic, unless it's like this jacket.  I have it on a light weight dressy blacl satin "sweatshirt".

Image result for embroidered ralph lauren

Honored Contributor

What I like about embroidered prints is that the print won't  eventually wash out or crackle off.  It's there forever.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the look if they're toned down a bit, and don't look too cutesy.  I bought these DG2 jeans a few weeks ago (slightly boot cut), and I love them!  The embroidery is only on one side.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not sure that there is an embroidered clothing trend.  Granted the Spring fashion mags haven't come out yet but I haven't seen anything abour embroidery or heard anything about.  I know DG has a tsv, I'm looking at it now.  There's one pair that is a medium blue with subtle black embroidery on the ankle and at the hip.  I'd wear those and the black tonal ones but not any of the others.  The others are too overdone for me.  But I am not buying them.  It's the middle of winter now, we're in the midst of blizzard at this very  moment.  Too early for me to even think about spring clothes. 

@chrystaltreeSome designers are doing a very few pieces.

Honored Contributor

Embroidery is coming back along with the seventies boho resurgence. As with anything else it really depends on the piece. I do have a sheer black mesh sleeveless piece with red and silver embroidery and it's beautiful

Honored Contributor

I agree it can be very pretty, and spice up your wardrobe, much the way a small injection of an attractive print can do.

I ordered Bob Mackie's Embroidered Iris Zip Front Jacket, A273154, which is a winner.  Mine is ivory, with the iris embroidered on one side in a golden metallic thread.  The jacket is sort of like a slightly structured knit cardigan, and comes in navy, a soft light dove gray, and coral.  The embroidery is diffeent on different colors-- the gray jacket has matching gray or silver embroidery, so it is a bit more subtle.

And, if anyone is interested, I just noticed it is on a "last clicks" price of $21.01!

Honored Contributor

Haven't they been saying the 70's are back...and back....and back again for quite sometime now.Woman LOL I think it's just becoming a classic look and not a trend. It's here to stay.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Haven't they been saying the 70's are back...and back....and back again for quite sometime now.Woman LOL I think it's just becoming a classic look and not a trend. It's here to stay.

@SilleeMeeI think since the appeal is so wide spread, the style will eventually move to the "back burner" but never gone. We'll see things get a little more structured, but it will take a while.

People will get saturated with the style eventually and crave "something new".