Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do You Keep Your Scarves?

For long scarves and shawls I use Huggable Hangers which I then hang from a belt hanger. That makes it easier for me to get to them.  For cotton and silk squares, and any other size which I also use as headwraps they are folded in a large box. 

Respected Contributor

Smaller ones on 3 of these below.   Thicker ones folded in drawer which is a pain.  

024139 00

Honored Contributor

I have shoe organizers inside the doors of the closets.  Current seaon scarves in in those bags.  Each organizer holds 30 scarves in see-thru plastic slings.  The Out-of-season are in a bin in the bottom of the closet.  

I have been buying and making scarves since 1970 ... I have hundreds!  Nordstrom's Rack is my current prime source.  I almost always wear a scarf.

Honored Contributor

I have a metal hanger that has the round loops similar to what is posted above. 

Prior to that, I took the round shower curtain hooks and put them on a pant hanger and hung my scarves through the shower hook.

Honored Contributor

That's cute but what about dust?    The reason I ask is I have a hanger over the door for shoes and they do get dusty but I am cramped for space living in an apt.   I keep my scarves in a low, plastic container folded and it's under the bed.  I usually have to iron before wearing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

They are just jammed up in the closet somewhere in a ball.

Respected Contributor

Folded very carefully in a dresser. I have a small dresser with 3 big deep drawers full. I sort by size and fabric.

I have many exquisite scarves from Metropolitan Museum of Art. Many are fine silk and wrinkle if you so 

much as look at them. Every so often I used to iron them all. Not so much now with health and stamina issues.

I love my scarves, your display is gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

Amazon has every possible type of scarf holder ever invented, even a back of door hanger.  They have racks for store displays which would make a pretty, colorful display in a bed or dressing room.  I have mostly infinity scarves and they have holders suitable for them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Folded very carefully in a dresser. I have a small dresser with 3 big deep drawers full. I sort by size and fabric.

I have many exquisite scarves from Metropolitan Museum of Art. Many are fine silk and wrinkle if you so 

much as look at them. Every so often I used to iron them all. Not so much now with health and stamina issues.

I love my scarves, your display is gorgeous.

I collect scarves from the MET and receive their catalogue. They are just exquisite and people do notice them. I don't iron them .....I have a good dry cleaner that really does a good job on them.

Honored Contributor

I keep mine at the store! LOL

I never wear one, and don't have a single scarf (except one winter scarf that decorates my coat!)