Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Keep Your Scarves?

i have quite a scarf collection.

i have some in a drawer.

i have some in plastic boxes.

the rest are on joy mangano butterfly and flower holders......one of her BEST extras that she has ever included in her hanger packages.

jm1.jpg

jm2.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I love color as most of you know.  I wear a lot of scarves and tie them in a lot of styles.  I have one of these organizers from Ikea for spring/summer and one for fall /winter.

I can easily see everything I have.  What do you do?

Image result for ikea scarf organizer

In my house, that would be called a cat ladder. They'd love it. 

I keep mine tucked away in a drawer, for obvious reasons. No claws, no fur, no tears.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG - I have a plastic hanger similar to yours (different shape) that I got at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for about $3 several years ago.   I used to keep my scarves stuffed in a drawer and they got too wrinkly - I got tired of ironing them!  Keeping them hung up is so much better.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@ECBG - I have a plastic hanger similar to yours (different shape) that I got at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for about $3 several years ago.   I used to keep my scarves stuffed in a drawer and they got too wrinkly - I got tired of ironing them!  Keeping them hung up is so much better.  

@tototwo,For years, I had been keeping all of mine in a shopping bag.  The fringe was absolutely ruined!  I had to throw those away and redo some colors.  Now, there's no problem at all with my hanger.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I keep my scarves folded and rolled in clear plastic shoe boxes, sorted by season and by color.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG. I fold my lightweight scarves and loosely stack them by color family on a closet shelf. The trick is to only go about 4 or 5 high, like tees, so they don't get creases from the weight.

My wool or winter scarves are in a clear bin in the closet w/ my winter coats.

Valued Contributor

I have a much smaller version of @ECBG's scarf holder that is made to hold about a dozen. But there are probably twice that many crammed in, on, and around it. Hers is very nice! @ECBG, do you mind sharing where it was purchased? I need it!

Trusted Contributor

Neatly, in a clear storage tub underneath my bed.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG, I just wanted to thank you so much for showing your scarf hanger.Woman Very HappyWoman Very HappyWoman Very Happy I picked up 4 at amazon and loaded them up yesterday. It is wonderful to have them all in one place.

Frequent Contributor

I keep mine in the closet, each on its own hanger, folded over like a pair of pants.  Prevents wrinkles and dust.  Takes up a lot of room though!  I'm not familiar with the scarf holder hanging thingies, I really like that idea!