Honored Contributor

How Do You Keep Your Scarves?

I love color as most of you know.  I wear a lot of scarves and tie them in a lot of styles.  I have one of these organizers from Ikea for spring/summer and one for fall /winter.

I can easily see everything I have.  What do you do?

Image result for ikea scarf organizer

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Keep Your Scarves?

I have a smilar scarf holder I got a a Christmas present.  Before that, I tied scarves on the hanger of the top I most often wore it with. If I wore it with a couple of different tops, I put them near each other in the closet.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

Ohhhhh!   I need one of those!  Although I don't have too many scarves (I'm just now starting to collect them)...the lightweight scarves are folded on closet shelf in one pile; the heavier weight (of which I have the most) folded in another pile on the shelf.  It works, but they have to be straigtened out often!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I usually only wear scarves in the Spring/Fall/Winter so my husband installed a series of hooks in our hall closet. I coordinate them with my coats. I have a nice collection and really enjoy how they dress up my coats.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ECBG

Ohhhhh!   I need one of those!  Although I don't have too many scarves (I'm just now starting to collect them)...the lightweight scarves are folded on closet shelf in one pile; the heavier weight (of which I have the most) folded in another pile on the shelf.  It works, but they have to be straigtened out often!

@MacDUFF,Not to mention, you can't see anything!  It keeps you from this dialogue:

"Where did I put it?"

"Where did I get THAT?"

"Don't I have a.....?".

I'm at work playing.  No phones!

Esteemed Contributor

LOL...I hear ya (about the scarves and playing at work!).  The heavy weight scarves = no problem...I can see them easily.  Not so much with the lightweight scarves.  I think I'm going to ask Handsome to make me a round hangar to tie the lightweight scarves on...he needs (and actually loves) little projects to do!!

Talk to you later!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I have two flower petal shaped hangers in my closet that are for handing scarves.  I keep my more expensive scarves folded in a large round beautiful hatbox on my closet shelf.  

When I travel out of the country, I buy a luxury scarf to bring back with me. They don't take up too much room in the suitcase.  Those are kept in the hatbox. 

Honored Contributor

How do I keep my scarves?  By not returning them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

How do I keep my scarves?  By not returning them.  Smiley Happy

@Pearlee                ‼

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I keep them in a pile in a drawer.