Esteemed Contributor

I may have the older version, just one color. Do love them. But I also like pockets on my jeans and most of my pairs zip up the front, bottom and I wear fancy western belts with them. I guess it depends on where I am going.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes..i have the older version too and really love them.....when i went to order more....they don't carry them anymore....wish they would...............but even now if they bring them back most items they do that with are never really the same.......

Valued Contributor

I just watched the presentation of the A259219 How Comfy knit jeans. Carolyn was wearing them and they made her look very slim. She looked great in them. I read the reviews however and the reviews were all very bad, all one star except one two star. So I went to buy the old version and they are mostly sold out. Help?? Any reviews from you girls on how you like this "newer" version. Thanks so much.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I just heard the presentation (on the DVR while I got ready). Carolyn and Gary talked about how the first version (the TSV?) was just too big (and baggy, I guess), so they went back to the drawing board and redesigned them to have a slimmer fit. They did stress several times that they are supposed to have a slim fit (without being a legging/jegging), and that they would advise ordering your normal size.

Regular Contributor

I received mine and sent them right back. I was hoping for an updated version of the original how comfy pants, but the "tweaks" they made, made them worse. The fabric is not the same, similar, but it is not as stretchy. The waist band is wider and the elastic is much stiffer, it does not stretch as easily. They are definitely tapered...I understand that "straight leg" does not mean straight from the thigh, but straight from just above the knee. These pants are very narrow in the calf and ankle, like a legging. They were very tight on my calf.

I think they might work with a long tunic, they don't flatter a wider hip, I need the slightly wider ankle to balance my hips...just as Lisa used to say, over and over again before she went over to the skinny leg "dark side".

Esteemed Contributor

They just cannot seem to leave a good thing alone. They keep saying they're bringing out "improved versions" of things...give me a break! I watched Denim & Co this morning and did the chat with Heather on her blog to try and get some questions answered. They always dodge around the actual question, and give some reason why "whatever" is the way it is. I can understand how some of you feel, although I haven't ordered those pants. My pet peeve is about the original boot cut How Smooth jeans, which had hundreds of people in reviews begging for more colors and loving them. They promised to bring them back, but when they did they made them "straight leg" (which is actually a tapered leg) and totally changed the sizing. A lot of people complained that they ruined a "winner", including me! I've said before, as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! But they just can't seem to get the message. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/14/2014 Star-light said:

I received mine and sent them right back. I was hoping for an updated version of the original how comfy pants, but the "tweaks" they made, made them worse. The fabric is not the same, similar, but it is not as stretchy. The waist band is wider and the elastic is much stiffer, it does not stretch as easily. They are definitely tapered...I understand that "straight leg" does not mean straight from the thigh, but straight from just above the knee. These pants are very narrow in the calf and ankle, like a legging. They were very tight on my calf.

I think they might work with a long tunic, they don't flatter a wider hip, I need the slightly wider ankle to balance my hips...just as Lisa used to say, over and over again before she went over to the skinny leg "dark side".

Star-light,If you're talking about A259219, this is what I was told on the Denim & Co blog this morning in answer to my questions about "tapered" versus "straight leg". If a pant leg is 25" in the thigh, 17.5" in the knee, and 15 inches at the bottom opening (which these are in a size 12), then they are TAPERED from the thigh to the bottom...

Answer: Sometimes it is deceiving when looking at just a measurement. Most straight legs do have similar or smaller leg openings when compared to the knee. Fabrication also makes a difference. When visually on the body, it looks like a straight leg. Most tapered legs have a fuller thigh that tapers down to a very narrow leg opening.

"Today's pant A259219 is a straight leg. It is modeled after our Original Waist Side Pocket Pants A53351, also a straight leg. These styles are very similar in garment measurements, but today's pant is in our How Comfy french terry knit."

Me: Now I'm totally confused... The pant shown on Items Recently on Air is A260245 Denim & Co How Comfy Side Pocket Straight Leg Pants, but when I click on that to see the item, it takes me to a different item number, A259219 Denim & Co Regular How Comfy Side Pocket Pants, which shows in the description: "Leg Shape: narrow, tapers from thigh to leg opening"...not straight leg...

Answer: "HI, sorry about that. That is a typo. This style should have a straight leg, same as our Original Waist side pocket pant."

I'm just tired of them being all over the place as to what kind of leg a pant or jean has..

Not applicable

I agree. The comfy jeans just aren't the same. Sent mine back. Looking for that yoga material. I think they call it French terry. Bought 4 pair in January. Looked for more. Just not the same or as comfortable.. Pleease bring back A226462.

Contributor

It is such a shame that Gary & the D&C crew think they have to improve on a pair of pants which we keep giving 5 stars. The original How Comfy pull on pants were of a knit fabric and were the most comfortable I have ever worn. I was shocked when I learned the pants were discontinued. I think they only lasted one season. The new "tweaked" ones are not for me. I like the SML, etc sizes. Maybe one day the powers that be will wake up.

Super Contributor
On 10/16/2014 Ja-Da said:

It is such a shame that Gary & the D&C crew think they have to improve on a pair of pants which we keep giving 5 stars. The original How Comfy pull on pants were of a knit fabric and were the most comfortable I have ever worn. I was shocked when I learned the pants were discontinued. I think they only lasted one season. The new "tweaked" ones are not for me. I like the SML, etc sizes. Maybe one day the powers that be will wake up.

I hope so. I still am peeved about what they did to these jeans. I went over to Dream Jeannes but I really am not a big fan of them. I have to go to regular for a better rise and then have to hem them by about 4 inches. They are also very over priced and not as comfy. D&C ruined a good thing. I have 8 pairs ad I would buy many more if they would just go back to the original design.