Esteemed Contributor

Re: Housedresses Replacing Sweats?

Absolutely not!! I like my loungewear. My mom wore house dresses. They are old fashioned & not at all attractive.

Respected Contributor

I really like #13. Here in fl. that dress is perfect for the hot hummid weather. 

Honored Contributor

Ghastly.

And yuck.

Honored Contributor

I think I will take a pass on the housedresses.  I don't even own sweats - I tend to wear jeans and a sweater or t-shirt at home depending on the weather.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like "housedresses".  I do wear them (don't care about leg shaving, either - if I do, fine.  If not, my business!).

I have a whole wardrobe of loungewear, and the dress is just one of many styles I wear.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Some of those are really nice, some look like you ought to throw one on and go out in the back and kill a chicken.  Awful! 

I wear dresses a lot or pants or crops (sometimes even in the winter).  I cannot stand sweats, and have never in my life worn them.  I feel like a total slob in them.  

Respected Contributor

When I worked from home last year, and especially in the summer, I wore casual knit dresses. Nothing like those pictured above, those are too fancy for lounging around the house IMO. I get the concept - looking a little more "polished and put together" while at home, but those remind me of the TV shows from the 50's through the 70's where a majority of the female socialite/housewife characters dressed in caftans, or flowy dresses just for staying at home. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Oh my gosh, NO.  They are horrible.

The house dresses in the 50's looked better than the ones posted. They look like they were made from old bed sheets.

The sweats are better, though for me, I'm sticking with my jeans.  

@Carmie   Same here. I've only owned (and don't have  any now) 3 dresses...My wedding gown and the 2 dresses I wore to my childrens' weddings. The last two were donated the following week. 

Honored Contributor

There are plenty of casual cute dresses out there than the ones featured. I know because I own them. 

A simple, cotton dress by Ralph Lauren cinched at the waist can be a nice alternative to jeans or sweats that are too hot for the summer...

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Oh my gosh, NO.  They are horrible.

The house dresses in the 50's looked better than the ones posted. They look like they were made from old bed sheets.

The sweats are better, though for me, I'm sticking with my jeans.  

I so agree with this. These and some I have seen posted from Target are just hideous to me. Might as well just wear nightgowns instead. I'm sitting here in Gravel jeans that I love, a pretty turquoise tank from Liz Claiborne, and a multicolor zip-up hoodie that I got from the animal rescue site years ago and which I still love. I'm exceedingly comfortable and look okay for going out and about if I want. Those dresses would make me look 100 years old. 

Briggsie