Respected Contributor

Re: Housedresses Replacing Sweats?

I haven't seen house dresses as a trend any where as of yet.  Nor would I wear them.  I don't wear sweats either. I have one pair of bottoms. Use those for pj's on cold nights.  I wear jeans.   The house dresses pictured are just awful! Would not be caught dead in one. Ugly fabric, no shape, just hangs there. Nope, not for me.

Honored Contributor

NEVER HAPPEN! REAL "LADIES" need FUNCTIONAL LEGS!!!!!

Super Contributor

These are beautiful house dresses if you live on the prairie in 1840.  I prefer loungewear through the winter to keep warm in the house, and then I often wear cute cotton short dresses in the summer to keep cool.  My mother wore house dresses much of the time.  They certainly were not fashion statement dresses, but they were adorable compared to these!  Sorry...I just don’t see it!

Respected Contributor

NOT IN THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Three words:  No, thank you!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last summer long, comfy, relaxed midi and maxi dresses were my uniform. No reason not to include them again this year along with some other items.

Love tie dye dress #1 pictured, but prefer the ease of knits.

Honored Contributor

A lot of those are way too pretty to be what I would think of as "housedresses."  I think of a housedress as something my Mom used to wear.  I might wear a long shift of some kind in the summer when it's hot and I'm not going any place.  The only time I wear sweats is when it's really cold and I'm taking walks.  In the summer if I'm not in my p.j.s, then I'm in capri pants.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Little House on the Prarie meets June Cleaver. Uh...just no.

Honored Contributor

So -  our clothes are symbolic?  My idea of who I am and who I hope the younger women in my family are or are becoming doesn't match what Vogue's symbols tell me.

I remember the housedresses my mother and her friends wore in the 1950's -  no comparison, literally or symbolically.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan.