Honored Contributor

Re: Hot in Hollywood TSV or should I say Laurie Felt TSV

@wagirl wrote:

And once again---another claim that these jeans will change my life!!!! That was last night stated by the vendor!! Obviously she hasn't had changes that CAN'T be changed by buying a pair of jeans---Sheesh!!!! But we will see this junk every other hour today!! 

OMG -someone, call the authorities. ..this poster is being held captive-forced to watch QVC all day!!!! Alert alert Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I own these jeans and I own leggings. They are not the same. 

But I figured there would be a deluge of bashers here today - uninformed - given the outrage typically expressed on the forum whenever there is a contemporary fashion item as a TSV Woman LOL 

I also like this top. Nice collection!

A301691
Laurie Felt Layered V-Neck Long Sleeve Blouse

a301691.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I bought the next to darkest blue ~ in xs~ I struggled with xs or small but when i measured 8 inches down from my waist ( which really did not seem like my hips!)  on the chart Iwas xs ~ i do tend to like them more form fitting than loose .  I would have bought more than one color but in the blnk of an eye all xs were sold out ~ If these work out I cant wait for spriing where she said there will be more colors ~ I jpersonlly woudl have liked a ripped /distressed pair .

Contributor

Chi-Town I agree these are more fashion forward therefore many will not like. I think they look contemporary and modern. I'd like to try them and I see you already have several so would you mind terribly sharing your fit, size and maybe measurements? I think I would order a small but my hips are way larger than my hips so really it's the fit in the hips I worry about. I'm probably 37-38" in hips and I can easily wear a size 6 in Macy's Inc brand. I'm just concerned these have no zipper so not much room for me to get them up past my hips. Jill said she was wearing a medium but she is much larger than I am so I'm just confused on where to go with this.  Does the waist stretch enough to get past the hips?

Thanks for your help and info!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own jeans and I own jean leggings (jeggings) that fit me just like this TSV is fitting the models and the fabric content is identical.  You know the saying, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck........

There is nothing wrong with these.  They are cute.  But if I want a pair of jeans, I want a pair of jeans.  Not a pair of jean leggings being passed off as jeans.   If someone is expecting a pair of jeans, I think they are going to be surprised, but maybe not. 

How insulting to think because the jeans are considered "fashion forward" and "contemporary" by some, many won't like them, as if those who like them are the only ones with any fashion sense and the rest are dowdy frumps. 

Honored Contributor

@run4life wrote:

Chi-Town I agree these are more fashion forward therefore many will not like. I think they look contemporary and modern. I'd like to try them and I see you already have several so would you mind terribly sharing your fit, size and maybe measurements? I think I would order a small but my hips are way larger than my hips so really it's the fit in the hips I worry about. I'm probably 37-38" in hips and I can easily wear a size 6 in Macy's Inc brand. I'm just concerned these have no zipper so not much room for me to get them up past my hips. Jill said she was wearing a medium but she is much larger than I am so I'm just confused on where to go with this.  Does the waist stretch enough to get past the hips?

Thanks for your help and info!

@run4life - I think you should order the small. I wear a 6 at department stores for pants. Yes, there is stretch in the waist. I find more luck with QVC fit by ordering via garment sizing not the Q chart. I hope this helps! 

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

I bought the next to darkest blue ~ in xs~ I struggled with xs or small but when i measured 8 inches down from my waist ( which really did not seem like my hips!)  on the chart Iwas xs ~ i do tend to like them more form fitting than loose .  I would have bought more than one color but in the blnk of an eye all xs were sold out ~ If these work out I cant wait for spriing where she said there will be more colors ~ I jpersonlly woudl have liked a ripped /distressed pair .

@CoastalGal - xs was selling out last night across all colors. I was a bit concerned about sizing too when I ordered them, but it worked out & these are now my favorite jeans! I'm going to try the boot cut another time. Skinnys are great for winter with tall boots and snow or ankle boots. Love how the white jeans look with over knee black boots  

I hope you love them @CoastalGal, post a review.

Honored Contributor

I think it's misleading to others for someone that DOESN'T OWN THESE JEANS  to proclaim them as 'not jeans'.

Stomping from one thread to another to bash these jeans - on a mission to mislead customers. Tsk tsk. Not reliable! 

Contributor

Thanks for the info Chi-town. Much appreciated and Lipstickdiva my comment was not to be insulting to anyone. I very often don't care for anything too contemporary and to insinuate I was implying anyone was "dowdy" or had no fashion sense by not purchasing these was going way beyond an exaggeration of what I said and I don't appreciate your putting words in my mouth. 

Sorry if you took  my comment horribly out of content 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@run4life wrote:

Thanks for the info Chi-town. Much appreciated and Lipstickdiva my comment was not to be insulting to anyone. I very often don't care for anything too contemporary and to insinuate I was implying anyone was "dowdy" or had no fashion sense by not purchasing these was going way beyond an exaggeration of what I said and I don't appreciate your putting words in my mouth. 

Sorry if you took  my comment horribly out of content 

@run4life - you're welcome. I think it's better for those interested in these jeans to consider input from those of us that own them rather than some random misleading observations. 

That rude poster is, well rude ofren here & unreliable. Better to just ignore her... Woman Tongue