Honored Contributor

Re: Hot dresses at tonight’s Academy of Country Music Awards.

Maren's dress was ugly.  Besides her dress being ugly, she was over fake tanned and she sounded awful.

I'm not sure if the sound was bad at the beginning of the show and they got it fixed or if it was the performers.  I thought Kenny Chesney and Maren both soundeed horrible. 

Nicole Kidman needs to quit wearing dresses the same color as her skin.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Kidman's so bony - I don't think she looks at all attractive in this dress.

And that harsh blonde hair.  She used to be so naturally auburn curly haired pretty.

Contributor

So, our 8 year old Grandson was spending the night with us & we decided to watch yhe Country Music Awards--started out great with Reba & then this for openers--well, it was eye opening--I think I said:  OH MY & Grandson said:  what's wrong Grandma? I tried to explain how I thought perhaps girls should not show so much of their bodies and he explained to me that that was the way everyone looks---Evidently,  I know absolutely NOTHING about the real world

Honored Contributor

Speaking of making comments......apparently a male friend made a comment on FB about the way some of the women were dressed.   I didn't see the comment but evidently someone reported it to FB and it was removed?  I didn't even know comment would be removed unless they really crossed a line and even then I wasn't sure.

I'd be interested to know what he said.  He followed up after the removal by saying some of the women looked silly.  Of course I read this as the group male group Midland was performing.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Brett Young-I think this looks nice

1025506-53rd-academy-of-country-music-awards-arrivals.jpg

No socks - no tie - no shave. Minimal effort made.

Honored Contributor

This was the ACM awards.  It's not like the Oscars, Emmy's or even the SAG awards. 

They are more casual.  Country awards generally are more casual than other awards shows.  Some people go all out and some not so much.  I thought Chris Young looked fine.  He was actually dressed up compared to some others. 

Valued Contributor

It truly is a shame that singers are so insecure regarding their musical ability that all they have left to offer is as much skin to leer over as public broadcasting will allow.  What a person wears publically before others says a lot about their confidence level or lack thereof.  Apparently bad publicity is better than never being notice having no publicity.  *smh*

Honored Contributor

Reba recycled this dress from 1993. I love the slippers with it..

reba-cma-today-inline-4-180416_74cd5834e09d4df7b509a909043546c0.fit-760w.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I didn't even like Nicole Kidman's dress. Michael Kors.

1025477-53rd-annual-academy-of-country-music-awards-arrivals-las.jpg1025476-53rd-annual-academy-of-country-music-awards-arrivals-las.jpg  

Nicole & Keith need to both lay off the plastic surgery! They're starting to look like Siamese twins!! 

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ-- I think you're right.  I re-read the comment and maybe she was writing about the wedding party and not the guests.  Which just makes the comparison even worse!  Eek!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt