Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts modeling the clothing

I remember people complaining that Lisa Robertson wouldn't wear the clothes Q sold while presenting them LOL!  Even if it was a TSV!!  

I don't mind the hosts wearing the items and changing to other items live on air like they do....I find it helpful to see how it's fitting on different ladies that might be the same size as I am.  I don't like the way they almost ALL shove up the sleeves on everything so you can't tell how far they are coming down on wrist or worse middle of hand!

Respected Contributor

Lisa was criticized for trying everything on, too. I’ve said it before, but I would bet anything that having the hosts change into the clothing increases sales of whatever they try. 

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I actually prefer to see it on the hosts because they are moving more naturally, and I can see how it looks in a more real life setting. The models always stand in really awkward, unnatural poses.

@JJsMom 

Agreed. You get a different perspective, generally, from a host who will tuck in a shirt or do the dreaded knot...

Better stylists and we wouldn't be having this conversation!

Respected Contributor

My only complaint re hosts changing clothes all the time is that sometimes they do not always then give us enough information on sizing too busy modeling and just rushing around.  Some of them forget they are first the host - too busy being a model - there are models there too and sometimes combining both does not work. 

Regular Contributor

I prefer to see how the clothes look on the hosts, especially Kirsten since I am her size.

If the host is not wearing something they are showing I wonder why and if it didn't look good on them. 

I hate it when the only model they show is a plus size.  To me clothes show better on thin models.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giova wrote:

I prefer to see how the clothes look on the hosts, especially Kirsten since I am her size.

If the host is not wearing something they are showing I wonder why and if it didn't look good on them. 

I hate it when the only model they show is a plus size.  To me clothes show better on thin models.

@giova, I haven't watched in ages, but I recall that there were always different body types modeling.

What is important for QVC is to have such diversity that matches its audience, not just one person.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I like to see the fashions on Jane T. or Amy since they are shorter than the regular models.  They give me a better idea of how an item will fit on me.

Esteemed Contributor

Amy & Kirsten have to put on everything.  Also Amy has to remind us she wears an XXS and is 5’2 1/2” a dozen times every night she’s on.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Amy & Kirsten have to put on everything.  Also Amy has to remind us she wears an XXS and is 5’2 1/2” a dozen times every night she’s on.

LOL  I see her as I am looking for something to watch and it seems all the clothes I have seen look to big on her.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Lisa was criticized for trying everything on, too. I’ve said it before, but I would bet anything that having the hosts change into the clothing increases sales of whatever they try. 

@jonbon  It seems like whatever color the host is wearing is often the first color to sell out.

For me, the more people modeling the clothes, the easier it is for me to decide whether or not something will work on me. It's why I shop here instead of sites with a single picture of a model who's younger and taller than me. Woman Tongue