Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts modeling the clothing

I actually prefer to see it on the hosts because they are moving more naturally, and I can see how it looks in a more real life setting. The models always stand in really awkward, unnatural poses.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Frequent Contributor

Hosts don't need to be modeling every piece of clothing. The models do a much better job, it's their job and they do it well. Shawn doesn't need to be trying on every garment, trying to pretend to love it and then tying it in a ridiculous knot until it is unrecognizable, or pushing sleeves up to her armpit. Watching a fashion show on the Q is like being at the circus, people running all about, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@arubakathy   You have no idea what the job description of the host is.  Perhaps they are told to try on the clothing and model it.

Don't you find it interesting that the exact shoe size the host wears is right there, as well as their exact clothing size?  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

The hosts get paid, as do the models.  It is not the viewers who decide what the host should do and what is part of their job description.  They spend hours in training and in meetings weekly.  QVC is in charge here and they have already decided what they want the hosts to do.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@arubakathy   You have no idea what the job description of the host is.  Perhaps they are told to try on the clothing and model it.

Don't you find it interesting that the exact shoe size the host wears is right there, as well as their exact clothing size?  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

The hosts get paid, as do the models.  It is not the viewers who decide what the host should do and what is part of their job description.  They spend hours in training and in meetings weekly.  QVC is in charge here and they have already decided what they want the hosts to do.

Well said @Carmie 

I highly doubt the hosts are running rogue doing anything they want. 

Their show is produced.  They are told what to do and what to say.  They have PLENTY of bosses in their ears!

Respected Contributor

@D5799  Is just giving her opinion. Why do some people have to always respond with such snarky remarks.

Honored Contributor

IMO, It you post a snarky comment about the hosts, but then remark...namely Shawn, you invite snarky comments in return.

Esteemed Contributor

The models are paid very well.  I doubt they care if the cameras are on them or not.  They will get paid just the same.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@arubakathy wrote:

Hosts don't need to be modeling every piece of clothing. The models do a much better job, it's their job and they do it well. Shawn doesn't need to be trying on every garment, trying to pretend to love it and then tying it in a ridiculous knot until it is unrecognizable, or pushing sleeves up to her armpit. Watching a fashion show on the Q is like being at the circus, people running all about, etc. 

@arubakathy   There usually aren't enough models to model every color being offered.  I don't mind when a host puts on one of the colors not being shown on a model, so we can see it worn.  I think that's a good thing.  What I don't like, esp. about Shawn modelling he clothes, is that we usually don't get to see the entire garment because she has "done her own thing" with it such as pushed up the sleeves, tied it at the waist, or half tucked in it or some such thing.  I want to see all the colors of the garment modelled (and again, there aren't usually enough models to do that) but I want to see the whole garment as it is, not as Shawn in particular would wear it, distorted somehow.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Some of the hosts do more "harm" to the sales than the models.

I orefer the "harm", @ALRATIBA .  It gives me a better idea as to how I'd look in the outfit.

Respected Contributor

I don't care who wears what as long as they are explaining details.  The biggest negative I see is how the size seems to make no sense.  Maybe my tv screen is strange, but when someone who is obviously larger than the person standing next to them is saying she is wearing a smaller size, I just have to laugh.  So important to look at a size chart, or buyer beware.