Honored Contributor

Hosts could Ya please slow down

I love it when a host presents in a calm voice.I just feel frenzied when they talk at warp speed.I have to stop viewing before I get a panick attack.
Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts could Ya please slow down

I think I know who/what you are talking about. Late last night, 1 am ET, I was watching and had to turn the channel. Not sure who the host was, as I don't watch that much. Amy maybe? Short, short dark hair.... She seemed really into the products she was selling, and having a good time, but she was so excited that she was talking a mile a minute.

OK ~ NOT bashing her. She was good at what she was doing, showing all the features of the products, but talking way too fast for me. JMO Smile

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I enjoy the excitement but the fast talking gets to me.There is more than one host that could slow down a bit but maybe it is just nerves...new management,and jockeying for positions could have staff on edge.
Super Contributor

$$$$$$

It's all about words-per-minute .... more words, more selling points.

$$$$$$

Esteemed Contributor

Sometime they talk so fast, they choke. I get very nervous.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 dex said: I enjoy the excitement but the fast talking gets to me.There is more than one host that could slow down a bit but maybe it is just nerves...new management,and jockeying for positions could have staff on edge.

I didn't think of "jockeying for positions." I think you might be onto something.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 blueLagoon said:

$$$$$$

It's all about words-per-minute .... more words, more selling points.

$$$$$$

I agree and think they are instructed to talk fast now. Makes me turn the TV off and not buy from QVC. Not enjoyable to watch like years ago.

Honored Contributor

Watching late at night, as when I can't sleep, I wish the host's delivery was less frenetic. Now, I know of course it's not as late elsewhere - i.e. on the West Coast. But just the same, it seems like they should take it down a notch late night.

Occasional Contributor

Talking fast and using street slang. Not good.

Honored Contributor

I agree and dislike the current fad of speaking at lightning speed. But it seems that everyone is doing it, everywhere. It irritates me simply because I'm getting to the age that I can't understand what they're saying. And forget about when two (or more) people talk (or usually yell) at each other at the same time. The so-called "news" programs that do this really bug me.

The thing with the QVC hosts and vendors doing this is that I don't see that they are as limited time-wise as some other programs. Yes, they are supposed to get a certain amount of information out in a certain time frame, but surely it can be done calmly enough to understand what they're saying. In fact, I know it can because some of the hosts manage to do it quite nicely! I watch the presentation to learn information about the product that I need to purchase. If I can't understand what's being said, I'm not inclined to buy whatever they're selling.