Honored Contributor

Hosts and Vendors, please tell us if a garment is oversized

I recently received the All Worthy denim jacket in the larger of the two sizes I order.  I don't recall the host mentioning how large it ran, but maybe I wasn't paying strict attention.   Yes I could have checked sleeve length measurements and a couple more I never bother with.  I go with chest, hips and length.  So I kept the jacket and I'm getting used to the fit, at least I look in style.  It is also slightly frayed, another feature not mentioned.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts and Vendors, please tell us if a garment is oversized

Hosts never mention if something runs large or small because that's subjective and often a matter of opinion.  That's why they put measurements on the screen, so you can decide for yourself if it will fit.  You should have been able to see it was frayed

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@depglass  **Most** times, in the item discription (on the item website) it will mention if it's oversized or not.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I always read the complete description before ordering.  There have been lots of times when "key" issues / features were not mentioned on the air. 

(How many are sold, how and where you can wear it and it can be dressed up or down - I don't need to know.)

And - I want to see the video again so I can get a closer look at the item both on the hanger and on the model.  

Then - check all the measurements, colors, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hosts never mention if something runs large or small because that's subjective and often a matter of opinion.  That's why they put measurements on the screen, so you can decide for yourself if it will fit.  You should have been able to see it was frayed

@Kachina624 

how we as individuals like our clothes to fit is surely subjective but simply stating whether it fits as usual or runs larger or smaller is not. HSN and shop HQ make a point of discussing fit with the models. QVC declares everything true to size. I don't believe I've ever heard a host state something ran large or small because that would be admitting that somehow they made a mistake

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Re running small / running large .....

When looking at the garment measurements, you also have to take into consideration the design.  Is it designed to be close fitted / fitted / oversized / etc., etc.

Here's a wearing ease chart to give you an idea of ease for various fits.  Wearing ease is the difference between your body measurement and the measurement of the garment.

See the source image

-------------------------------

ETA;  This is for woven fabrics.  Knits are a different story.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Sorry that happened to you.

I always check measurements online before I order. The description will also say if the garment is fitted, semi-fitted etc. Even then, sometimes, the garment doesn't fit as I expected. This is why I prefer in person shopping & trying things on before buying. 

I have heard a few hosts discuss fit, but most of the time they just say true to size. I have heard a vendor or host say once in awhile to order down or up a size because of how a particular garment was made. But again, it's not very often. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@depglass  **Most** times, in the item discription (on the item website) it will mention if it's oversized or not.

I don't find QVC's description of fit to be accurate.  Measurements are almost always accurate, and I look before I buy, to decide on size.  Even this is imprecise, because the materials behave differently, even when the composition is the same.