Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Need to Wear Clothing THAT FITS THEM.

@baker wrote:

I agree the hosts and models should wear clothing they are trying to sell us in their right size. I know Shawn likes her tops very fitted so I take that into account when I view, but some of the mature hosts just do not wear the right size, for what ever reason. The larger models look ridiculous in some of the fashions that don't fit, who would send these women out looking like that, I know it can't be the models choice.

I think it's their stylists. They need to be replaced!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I deplore 'fitted' clothes. To me they're only for the Hollywood set of Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore,  the gals who eat tofu and exercise hrs. a day. Backs are fat free, small boned and no rounded shoulders, flat chested. Yay for them. Most of us eat wholesome and so we have to be happy in semi fitted and make the best of it. 

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

As a somewhat busty girl myself, I feel for hosts on the jacket/blazer/cardigan fit issue.  I much prefer to buy these items in a B&M store. I am always balancing the fit at the shoulders with the ability to comfortably button or zip up. With some jackets, by the time I can button it, the fit at the shoulders is completely off.  So not every jacket works for me. It is much, much, much easier for me to buy pants as I don't carry my weight below the waist.

This is similar to the problem Carolyn has -- she has very narrow shoulders and short arms (by her own admission) and carries her weight through her middle (again, by her own admission). I always see people saying that she should wear her tops and jackets a size up because they don't have much room through the torso, but if she went up an entire size in some of the garments, the shoulders would be hanging off her and the sleeves would probably cover most of her hands. So, sometimes it's a balancing act when she has to fit into an "off the rack" jacket or top.

There are several hosts who do not claim to wear "XXS or XS" -- Mary Beth, Jayne, Pat, Antonella, Carolyn, and Jill (usually), to name a few. Jane T. sometimes does in tops, which is totally believable to me, but she doesn't ever claim that in bottoms. Also, there are several models who don't wear the tiniest sizes either -- there are actually some smalls and mediums among them (blonde Maria, for one example).

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon

I have posted the same thing about Carolyn.  When making off the rack purchases, for optimum fit it is quite clear that she would require some alterations.  

I know that several hosts (Pat, Mary Beth come to mind) often look like they could never close the front of their jackets and they sort of fidget with them.  However, they are probably wearing the most correct size in off the rack for presentation on tv.  For their own personal wardrobe, I hope they buy up a size and have the necessary tailoring done.  

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

As a somewhat busty girl myself, I feel for hosts on the jacket/blazer/cardigan fit issue.  I much prefer to buy these items in a B&M store. I am always balancing the fit at the shoulders with the ability to comfortably button or zip up. With some jackets, by the time I can button it, the fit at the shoulders is completely off.  So not every jacket works for me. It is much, much, much easier for me to buy pants as I don't carry my weight below the waist.

This is similar to the problem Carolyn has -- she has very narrow shoulders and short arms (by her own admission) and carries her weight through her middle (again, by her own admission). I always see people saying that she should wear her tops and jackets a size up because they don't have much room through the torso, but if she went up an entire size in some of the garments, the shoulders would be hanging off her and the sleeves would probably cover most of her hands. So, sometimes it's a balancing act when she has to fit into an "off the rack" jacket or top.

There are several hosts who do not claim to wear "XXS or XS" -- Mary Beth, Jayne, Pat, Antonella, Carolyn, and Jill (usually), to name a few. Jane T. sometimes does in tops, which is totally believable to me, but she doesn't ever claim that in bottoms. Also, there are several models who don't wear the tiniest sizes either -- there are actually some smalls and mediums among them (blonde Maria, for one example).

Agree, agree, agree @jonbon.  Whenever I see hosts (like a Carolyn, Leah, Jill, Mary Beth) whose jackets sometimes don't close, I think about my own issues. I'm not trying to squeeze into a smaller size, it's just that off the rack can be a challenge.  In my case, I get to go store to store until I find the right fit.  QVC hosts don't have an option other than to wear what they are selling. 

Esteemed Contributor

I recently saw Jayne and Pat showing a GILI jacket that was clearly too small for both. It had panels of stretch on the sides which allowed them to zip the thing, but when zipped-up it looked like a breastplate rather than a well-fitted jacket. Both said they never zip their jackets anyway so the fact that it was a tight fit (to which they both admitted) wasn't a problem. For me, a jacket that I can't button or zip and still be comfortable is just not the right size. It just isn't. 

When showing QVC clothes, right off the rack, a poorly fitting garment is one thing; when they're wearing their own clothes and haven't bought to accommodate their largest parts and paid a tailor to customize the rest, that's where I cut them little slack.

Unless, perhaps they think it looks good? I dunno. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Since they are selling clothing I agree that they should wear clothes that fit. However, have you really taken a look at the general public while out and about?? There are alot of people who are regularly wearing clothes that don't fit! Just sayin'......

That's because they were not that size when they originally purchased the clothing. giggle.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I deplore 'fitted' clothes. To me they're only for the Hollywood set of Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore,  the gals who eat tofu and exercise hrs. a day. Backs are fat free, small boned and no rounded shoulders, flat chested. Yay for them. Most of us eat wholesome and so we have to be happy in semi fitted and make the best of it. 

I LOVE wearing fitted clothing. I don't eat tofu. I eat healthy and exercise 5-6 days a week. I am small boned, no rounded shoulders, and thin. I don't buy QVC clothing because a lot of it is big, boxy, oversized, and made for women who have something to hide.

Respected Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I LOVE wearing fitted clothing. I don't eat tofu. I eat healthy and exercise 5-6 days a week. I am small boned, no rounded shoulders, and thin. I don't buy QVC clothing because a lot of it is big, boxy, oversized, and made for women who have something to hide.

You are one of the most amusing 'reads' on this board, Italia. Your posts never fail to make me chuckle.  You are so warm and welcoming.

Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

You are one of the most amusing 'reads' on this board, Italia. Your posts never fail to make me chuckle.  You are so warm and welcoming.

THANKS!