Trusted Contributor

When I go shopping for bottoms in B&M stores and asked what size I wear..to help me... I always say a vanity sizing 4. I do seem to wear that everywhere but, honestly, I don’t think I look like a 4. Always have to add my disclaimer so I don’t look silly.

Then of course there’s the Diane Gilman size 2 I can wear😂

I was in a Jason Wu store and the sales girl asked and held up the 4. No way would I have been able to get into those. Beautiful but pricey so didn’t try on.

Honored Contributor

Nothing new about sizing.  Unlike the EU, the US doesn't not have standard sizing.  That's why a woman can be a size 6 with one manufacturer and  size 4 with another and a size 10 with still another.  Sizing is all over the place.  It's not matter of vanity sizing, it's just that every manufacturer or store can size clothing as they see fit.  I always found it funny the higher the price tag, the lower the size tag.  I might wear a size 18 in a $60 top but I guarantee you, I wear a 14 in in $600 top.  I have no problems with sizing.  I have tape measure,  I know my measurements and I use size charts.  When I shop in brick&mortar stores,  I take 3 sizes in the dressing room with me.  

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@SharkE .........Kim wears a 14 in her flexibelles.  Stating to size down 1 size when buying them.

I love my flexibelles, I love Kim but I do NOT follow that piece of advice.  I buy my QVC size and I always get a perfect fit and they don't bag/sag/grow.  It's a stretch fabric and I wear the 3 times before I launder them, still no change in size.  Now, I'm sure with all that stretch I could go down a size and they'd fit.  My concern is that if go down a size for no real reason, they might be a little tighter than I want.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

When Kim gravel said she wore size 14 pants I laughed so hard I spit out my sprite all over my rug and doubled over.

While I usually do not pay attention to what size the hosts wear, I also find it hard to believe that Kim Gravel is wearing a size 14.  Maybe it just looks too tight on HD.  I am generally a Medium, and I usually order a 14 in pants, but her size 14 on me looks nothing like it does on her.  Maybe she just likes her clothes much tighter.  Who knows?

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Yes, it depends a lot on how you like our clothes to fit.  I really am a size XS most of the time (sometimes a S in stores), but as I get older, I prefer my clothes to fit a little looser.......even with the stretch in them.  (What did we all do before spandex?)

Laura loves cats!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

When Kim gravel said she wore size 14 pants I laughed so hard I spit out my sprite all over my rug and doubled over.

While I usually do not pay attention to what size the hosts wear, I also find it hard to believe that Kim Gravel is wearing a size 14.  Maybe it just looks too tight on HD.  I am generally a Medium, and I usually order a 14 in pants, but her size 14 on me looks nothing like it does on her.  Maybe she just likes her clothes much tighter.  Who knows?

your a breathe of fresh air U are. She's a great gal , like her clothes, but, she's just a big girl I'd say a 20 at least. 2x.  No pants are gonna stretch, or flex that much. I have no butt and I wear any where between 12-16

depending on if it's Allison Daley from Dillards pull on stretch waist size 12

or have to go up to 16 in those knit pull on denim pants you look great in them because they pull in your gut I have no butt to worry about LOL

you have to stretch out the tight denim , by, squatting and dancing around in them , then, you look great.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

They can be a extra, extra, extra small all they want to be and welcome to it

I want to be able to eat and enjoy one of life's pleasures cooking and eating.

Size 'L' for me, please, and thank you.

@SharkE Hopefully you're just joking. People of all sizes can enjoy the pleasure of eating. (cooking? some enjoy it that, too). I can attest to that, being what you call "extra, extra, extra small). :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

They can be a extra, extra, extra small all they want to be and welcome to it

I want to be able to eat and enjoy one of life's pleasures cooking and eating.

Size 'L' for me, please, and thank you.

@SharkE Hopefully you're just joking. People of all sizes can enjoy the pleasure of eating. (cooking? some enjoy it that, too). I can attest to that, being what you call "extra, extra, extra small). :-)

@suzyQ3Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.Smiley Wink

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

If Kim says she is wearing a size 14 or a large, then I believe that is what Kim is wearing.  I don't believe she is lying.   I also don't think her jeans ever look too tight on her.  Fitted yes but not too tight.   

Honored Contributor

I read this many years ago: Liza Minnelli was a size 14 at the time. She wasn't satisfied with her weight. Her stylist would bring her clothes to try on.  He took the size 14 labels out of the garments, and replaced them with labels that were marked size 10. It made her feel better, and she was none the wiser. Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~