Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host said it is time to start transitioning into Spring......

Now that I am retired....I have to put the brakes on buying more clothing...

I just don't need it ...but my eyes are still looking at new stuff...LOL

Honored Contributor

When the high temp is going to be 20, I'm not interested in spring anything. Talk to me in a month. LOL.🌻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have enough clothes for 3 women and even though I like to see what the Q is offering as new, I won't be buying any thing.

Honored Contributor

And I just remembered - back in August & September when so many here were excitedly looking at & buying the new fall clothes, I was still sweltering in the heat. I don't usually shop for fall clothes until late October and most of the country is wearing winter clothing before then out of necessity.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette. That's why retailers are having such a difficult time dumping inventory now. 50% off is almost as low as they can go, at 60% off, they break even & if lucky can sell merchandise to an outlet. If signs on store say, 75% off...They're going out of business and everything must go!!!!

Valued Contributor

I'm done buying Fall/Winter clothing.   You won't even see any in the stores soon.   

I can't transition to wearing it yet.   

Trusted Contributor

I'm retired so my budget and needs have changed.  I am trying to downsize my closets and donating to various organizations.  We have a place that helps women reenter the work place.  All my good office clothes go there.  It is 17 now and here we can have snow into early April.  I will watch the spring shows but so far I see nothing new so I will shop in my closet.  Weather does not alter my buying pattern.  If I really like something and know I will wear it alot I will watch for it to be on sale.

Honored Contributor

It's going to be 66 in Austin today, but the rest of the week will be in the 70s and they're predicting 81 for Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

I am transitioning a few days this week.  It will be almost (if not actually) 70 degrees.  I'm sure not wearing my sweaters!

Then probably back to the sweaters this weekend.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they need to step outside into the almost zero degree weather, look at the recent storm remains and get a reality check!  I live in MA and my face felt like it was going to fall off this morning after walking outside to a meeting for 10 minutes.  They need to "cool it" (HA HA) a little with the big push to rush every season.  Smiley Surprised