Contributor

In the early morning hours, I've waked up and turned on QVC.  There is a host I have never seen before and I'd like to know her name.  Her picture is not in the "Meet Our Hosts" group.  She is cute as can be, has dark hair (sometimes in ponytail) and speaks with an accent.  Let me say, slight accent.  I can't tell if she is British or not.  She does a good job presenting.  Just like to know her name.  I love to hear her say "buttons."

Honored Contributor

Re: Host's Name

[ Edited ]

The new dark-haired hosts from left to right:  Cathy, Kourtney and Alex

lcebv3cquo9r4b3g1q4orxnk6z87i45t.JPG

@Ja-Da

Respected Contributor

@Ja-Da wrote:

In the early morning hours, I've waked up and turned on QVC.  There is a host I have never seen before and I'd like to know her name.  Her picture is not in the "Meet Our Hosts" group.  She is cute as can be, has dark hair (sometimes in ponytail) and speaks with an accent.  Let me say, slight accent.  I can't tell if she is British or not.  She does a good job presenting.  Just like to know her name.  I love to hear her say "buttons."

Is she the one who refuses to pronounce the "t" in buttons?  Buh-unnns.  That drives me bonkers. It sounds ridiculous.

Contributor

Thank you so much.  That is her on the left. . .Cathy.  Thanks again.

Contributor

Yes, she drops the t in buttons. I contributed that to her accept. You don't agree?  I think she's cute.

Respected Contributor

We lived in Ct. for many years, but not native to the state.  Many many people there say buh-uns for buttons, baw-ill for bottle, li-ill for little, etc.  Perhaps this host is from that area.  All parts of the country have idiosyncrasies in their speech, which seem strange if you are not used to hearing them.  

Frequent Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

We lived in Ct. for many years, but not native to the state.  Many many people there say buh-uns for buttons, baw-ill for bottle, li-ill for little, etc.  Perhaps this host is from that area.  All parts of the country have idiosyncrasies in their speech, which seem strange if you are not used to hearing them.  

I have heard Cathy say she is from Miami.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Honored Contributor

According to another thread, Alex is gone already. 

Contributor

I usually leave my tv on at night and wake up early every morning. The new hostess Cathy has the most annoying voice to wake up to. I'm not saying this to be mean or hurt anyone's feelings, it's just an annoying drone and accent that grates on my last nerve. Today she is on with Kim Gravel , who I love to watch, and I had to mute the sound because of Cathys  whining. Please QVC, could you maybe get her a voice coach or some help . I just can't see her continuing as a host. Some people are naturals when it comes to being a host, some , not so much.