Honored Contributor

I pay no attention to what they say anymore. It's just over the top...

Valued Contributor
On 4/8/2014 Perkup said:

Here's how to know it's a sales tactic -

The hosts go over the merchandise to be presented with the vendors before the show. I know this because they say they do. If they see something they want then, they could order it then and not take up air time with the order. So . . . I don't believe it when they ask the producer to order something for them during the show. Makes sense to me.

True and really........the producer has a job to do. He's not going to be placing orders.
Honored Contributor

Haven't you EVER seen something on a hanger that looks "okay" ..... and then you try it on or see it on another person and it looks "great"?

Not all clothing has "hanger appeal" ......... and perhaps the buy more save more thing has something to do with it.

While the host ordering during a show can be distracting, I don't think they should be prevented from ordering on the spot.

Super Contributor

It's just like when you go buy a car, and the salesman confides in you that that is the exact make and model that he bought for his sweet mother...

Contributor
It is definitely a ploy to get us to buy the item... And it usually works.
Esteemed Contributor

This topic over & over. It's a sales tactic.

Honored Contributor

I'm laughing as I type this, so don't anyone toss their cookies, but I can't recall David ever yelling out to "set one aside for him". Joking, joking, joking..ok.

Contributor

Today they showed dansko sandals and I ordered size 7 red very quickly and
it was in my cart. All of a sudden the host Hornback screamed out to the
producer "order me a size 7 in red". As I was going through the process of
going to the cart my order disappeared. When I went back to go through the
process again they were sold out. Seems like Hornback got my size 7 red
Ramona danskos......it was like the blink of an eye. Not very nice
QVC......

Regular Contributor

In my opinion its just a sales tactic to make the viewer want to buy.  I use to see this done by a host who no longer is there.  She would do that all the time and I don't know why but it would get on my last nerve.

Honored Contributor

When I first started watching QVC I really didn't order much. Then one late night I saw a previous host order a swimsuit coverup she liked in two colors. I thought to myself if she likes it, then it must be really nice. So I ordered it. I do like it, it is nice, and I still wear it. But I don't believe ALL of them any longer.

But tonight I was watching the American West jewelry show with Antoinella and Carolyn Pollack. Antoinella said more than once that she had the particular necklace she was wearing and showing. She talked about how much she loved it and how she wore it. I believe her. I just can't believe these two ladies would go that far and be that detailed to deceive us! 

So for me, I don't believe some hosts, and I do believe others. Smiley Wink