Contributor

I remember very well when the host used to say that she was going to order but couldn't until after the show. Something has changed.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/8/2014 fthunt said:

Changed the channel immediately when Lisa screamed to order the second one! That childish act ..and throwing handbags to off-camera person after a presentation = sends me elsewhere. (haven't seen the handbag issue lately, so perhaps she got the word)

*Can't see LR actually wearing Lori's sloppy outfits = they don't hug the body. Probably NEVER really ordered!!

*I couldn't help but think the same thing. Lori's clothes don't figure flatter at all. Just can't see Lisa wearing them (but I do love Lisa).

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/7/2014 MargieRJ said:
On 4/7/2014 DeDe56 said: It says 'New Today' but there are 5 reviews? Doesn't the host usually see a lineup of the items that will be in their show - before the show? Plenty of time to order whatever they want. A sales tactic for sure. Amazing, Amazing.....

Exactly! The hosts help pick out what will be presented and certainly know before air time what is up. They could quietly order off camera.

FYI: The host may ask for certain items in their show, but for the most part they have no control over what is in the show. The buyers and show planners choose the items and the hosts find out in meetings what those items will be in order to prepare for presentations, get samples, and meet the vendors. Of course there may be an exception or two to this and in those cases the host may very well have veto power and more control over items in particular shows.

As for the ordering on air -- particularly when the host is yelling out to place orders for the models too ... I have a cup of strong coffee for you if you don't believe it's a sales ploy to rev up sales. Playing on the premise there are customers who want what they have there must be a jump in sales when this is done.

Honored Contributor

I never watch the LR show, in part because of these antics. I did click onto the logo top to see what folks were talking about. LR was almost frantic in her "attempts" to get someone to order that top for her in just about every color. That is so outlandish it is laughable. What a desperate sales ploy. There are soooooo many better (and calmer) ways to get the shoppers interested in buying. That one's a real turnoff. Especially knowing that they see the products before hand. They certainly don't get their first glimpse on live TV. Awfully unprofessional.

Valued Contributor

Lisa R's tantrum during the LOGO presentation was over-the-top. But I feel bad for all of the other designers ... I've only seen LR order on-line when Lori is on, no one else which translate into ~~ "besides GILI, LOGO is my favorite."

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Luvmycats said:

OF COURSE it's fake-They see EVERY item prior to the show

Exactly!
Respected Contributor

Here's how to know it's a sales tactic -

The hosts go over the merchandise to be presented with the vendors before the show. I know this because they say they do. If they see something they want then, they could order it then and not take up air time with the order. So . . . I don't believe it when they ask the producer to order something for them during the show. Makes sense to me.

Regular Contributor

It's definitely a sales tactic. The hosts know exactly what's going to be in their shows prior to going on the air, so to act surprised - "how is it that I've never seen this before???" - is just an act. Apparently enough customers fall for it, so they keep on doing it.

Honored Contributor

What's even more ludicrous is you have Lisa screaming like a banshee to order her something then the next host will come on and claim they aren't allowed to order like that or before a show, they have to wait until after they get off the air.

Who falls for this stuff?

Valued Contributor
Of course it's a ploy. They want to make us feel like they are our girlfriends shopping with us! Can you imagine going into Macy's for help and the SA starts going through the racks looking for herself! It's ridiculous. Just peer pressure. Also some people may actually buy things just because Lisa has them, or says she does.