Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2014 annabellethecat said:

I've seen and heard most of them order on the air. I'd never heard Jane until the past few weeks. Maybe she's rebuilding her wardrobe but I've heard her do it several times lately.

I've never heard Mary Beth order on the air. She's about the only one.

I don't like it. They get paid a lot of money to be there. If any of us when we worked constantly bought, ordered or ate (whatever our jobs were), we'd be asked to leave work and find another job.

Come on ladies you know I'm right! Say you are a secretary (which is what I was). I worked for Generals and Colonels. I can tell you that if I'd said, "Hummm! I'll get that letter right out in a few minutes, let me send out my own letter first". I know what they'd have said and it wouldn't be...."Awww! Ain't that cute".

I hear what you are saying Annabelle, but the difference is that Lisa is in the business of generating sales. I suspect her bosses love it. I don't care much whether hosts order on the air or not. I just wonder how vendors like Susan Graver feel when Lori gets the 'I must have this!' treatment and she doesn't.

Trusted Contributor
Just a sales ploy - and an opportunity to say ""extra extra small""
Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 mydora said:

Of course its a ploy and some get over dramatic, stepping out and saying xxxxxxxs in black and peach - so over the top

I agree. Very fake. On night Jacque even had a phone in her hand.

Respected Contributor

OF COURSE it's fake-They see EVERY item prior to the show

Esteemed Contributor

It's really bad when they ask to order them TWO! They've tested all this gruel and know it must push impulse buyers or those easily coerced. Although I can't imagine - it does nothing for me. If they wanted TEN, it wouldn't matter a bit to me. But it must work on some. It's all researched sales tactics. Old timers are just aware of them all. Except the "subliminal" tactics. LOL.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/7/2014 crush said:

I just saw the bit with the LOGO top; I thought it was completely over-the-top and unbelievably rude and SELFISH!! PLEASE.........give me a break! Buy the top BEFORE you go on air, or if you must shop while on air, have some sort of signal for someone to get you something. But just STOP with all the ME, ME, ME!! She sounded like a whiny 7-year old!! My 16-yr. old son was in the room, and he just looked at me and popped his eyes wide open with this look of "I'm puzzled...what is going on?" Then he said, "She is acting so stupid!" Yep, from the mouth of a 16-year old...calling it as he saw it!!

I NEVER watch her anymore but last night I wasn't feeling well and nothing else was on so I watched part of the show. She was UNBELIEVABLE! She looked in the monitor over and over again when she had the green Logo top on. She kept admiring herself. How can people say that she doesn't look in the monitors? It is SOOO obvious. Also, I think that she needs to go up a size on the top and also on her pants...

Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Daysdee said:
On 4/7/2014 mydora said:

Of course its a ploy and some get over dramatic, stepping out and saying xxxxxxxs in black and peach - so over the top

I agree. Very fake. On night Jacque even had a phone in her hand.

They must get a commission or rewards for most sales . My daughter worked at Palais Royal and the more sales and the most credit cards she convinced people to open an account they received Points . The one with the most point received a Cruise.
Esteemed Contributor

Lisa was acting ridiculous last night about that LOGO top. Of course they see the products ahead of time and can order any time they wish. Its an annoying sales and attention getting ploy.

Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 brewhaha said:

It's definitely a sales tactic.

ITA

I don't even think these producers order for them. I think they all know that it's a sales schtick. At first I thought the hosts would cancel the orders after the show, and then I realized they may get the "letter".{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I also think this sales tactic is a bit unprofessional. They know what is in their show several days before or at least earlier that day. They can certainly order from their cell phones prior to the show.Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Let me see... Yes seems to be a sales tactic.

1. Host ordering immediately and telling us about it

2. "Going fast" will not be there, time is running out

3. The item or color of the season... must have

4. Host saying they have three of them or whatever number they decide to reveal

5. Price going up, gets your NOW before they sell out........

6. Selling electronics BY COLOR ( I do watch some electronic programming)

And I don't usually watch QVC. I "remote by" looking for another program or two. Within minutes of paying attention these are some of the things I hear. My favorite of course is spending time on Color choices when it comes to electronic products, as if that makes a real difference in how it works.