Esteemed Contributor

So do the QVC hosts give their assistants and who knows who else access to their credit card info or the password to their phone to use the QVC app so that those same people can snoop through their accounts and other info?

Yeah, I don't think so either.

It's simply a selling tactic to make the viewer think that there's a sense of urgency to buy it NOW.

In Canada the hosts on The Shopping Channel are not allowed to buy items when they are hosting on air. They have to wait until after they are off air to purchase items as the customers get first crack at buying the items when they are presented on TV.

Honored Contributor
@TY I suspect all the channels have that rule and I'm sure I've heard somebody say it on HSN about waiting till after the show. I'm pretty sure it was Colleen that laid it out
Valued Contributor

So annoying, I do not want to listen to them ordering the producers to order .  QVC could save money if they eliminate the producers,  who are there to order for the hosts.  Waste of time and money.

Valued Contributor

I hate it! Sales ploy or not. Antonella is really bad with this. I used to like to watch her but now not so much. She's really rude lately, so obsessed with ordering that she ignores the cohost or talks over him/her. She'll make a joke about it sometimes but it's unprofessional and distracting. She will take time from the presentation making sure the producer orders it for her...and then confirming it. One time on a gem show they didn't order it and she really through a fit. Even the cohost had to comment "we're having a moment here..."

I think sometimes they may have seen the items in advance but then when on air and when seen on the models they get carried away.

Honored Contributor

Re: Host ordering on Air ?

[ Edited ]

Back in the day I remember hosts saying they couldn't order on air; only after their shifts ended. I guess that has changed.  I think a few hosts may actually buy things when they ask someone to order something for them, but I think most of the hosts say it as a sales ploy only. It doesn't really bother me if they order something while they are on air, but when they get silly and start saying they are going to order a bunch of things then it is too much. 

ETA: Just realized the original post was 2 years ago.