Occasional Contributor

Host ordering during her show

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon.  This is my first post here,  What lead me to post now is watching a host on Q2 ordering for herself while she was hosting her show.  I find this to be so unprofessional.  Her guest had to pick up the slack while she was finding the dress in her size that wasn't sold out. Have all standards of professionalism gone out the window or am I just being "old fashioned?"

Honored Contributor

Re: Host ordering during her show

She took out her phone and started ordering in the middle of a show?????  Really?  Unbelievable.

Trusted Contributor

It's a sales tactic. 

Respected Contributor

Sales ploy.  They want us to think that whatever they are selling is a must buy.  

The hosts not only know what they are selling when they are on air, but depending on the product many get them way inadvance to use and learn about.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

@Wendy118 Personally I think it's a selling tactic. These hosts have full access to everything they will be demonstrating prior to the show. In fact, they are suppose to educate themselves on them and also claim they have input on items they get in their shows. 

They know full well what the price will be. In addition, they receive a substantial host discount. So, in my opinion it's just to give the impression one must hurry and order.

It doesn't really bother me. I believe they are told to do several different methods of selling and this is just one of those things they are asked by the powers that be to do to sell, sell, sell. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Often I have heard hosts say that they hope that there is something left in her size when she's off the air, specifically mentioning that they are not allowed to order until their shift is over.  This seems to be another change to qvc's policy, that hosts are permitted to, or at least pretend that they are buying as an item is being shown.  Lots of changes that I don't care for.

@Wendy118   Welcome!

Occasional Contributor

Tori, I think it's a tacky tactic! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

At one time this was not permitted.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Occasional Contributor

Chyrstal, yes.  I found it to be so unprofessional and obnoxious that I signed up to post.  This is the first time I've ever posted anything!

Occasional Contributor

Phila, thanks! I started reading these posts when Carolyn and Dan were let go.