Respected Contributor

Re: Host monologue

[ Edited ]

There are a lot of good points raised in this thread.  I also think that when there is much talk about how and where to wear, and talk about the pretty colors, they are deflecting from talking about the quality of the workmanship and fabric. Red flag for me.

Valued Contributor

We are in a recession.

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

Suggesting that today's TSV pj's be worn on an airplane is only encouraging sloppy appearance and inappropriate attire. Who would wear those pj's out in public? The host should at least suggest something realistic.  

Sadly @Jeanne from VA 

that IS realistic!  Having flown recently, I SMH!  I can't believe what is worn in pubilc, on planes, restaurants....everywhere.  I SAW outfits just like these!

It is the way of it now.  I DID see tons of people in very busy airports wearing what I would consider jammies.  They are happy and comfy I guess and not held back by our 'old fashioned' ways.....as my kids have called it.

NO ONE cares anymore!  I do, but I just don't see it out there.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

Suggesting that today's TSV pj's be worn on an airplane is only encouraging sloppy appearance and inappropriate attire. Who would wear those pj's out in public? The host should at least suggest something realistic.  

DH and I have flown several times in the past year and sad to say, people do wear this sort of clothing and believe it or not, even worse. 

I remember the first plane ride I took in 1966.  Wore panty hose, a skirt, etc., etc.  While that was the other extreme, many people these days dress like slobs.

Hee hee @kaydee50 

I just posted the same thing cuz I hadn't scrolled all the way down yet!

Oh I used to dress to travel as well!

This is our world now I guess.

Honestly, it really doesn't bother me unless I am seeing body parts and shapes I shouldn't!   At least these travellers are well covered, I suppose!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GDonut    Once the host has given the basic information about the garment (2  minutes max) what would you like to have her talk about?  Her kids, pet, vacation to Disney World? She can't just stand there and smile.

There are people out there who haven't a clue what to wear where.  Most of the experienced hosts who are good salespeople will start combining pieces that are sold in the same show so the customer can assemble a complete outfit.

@Kachina624 

GAG!  PLEASE no kids OR dumb Disney!!    LOL

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to believe (in my mind only) that sales are down.  Well, fashions-wise, that is.

Seems as though most/many fashion items seem to sell out fairly quickly, or are very limited.  

'I don't know'..........just the way it seems to me.  Right or wrong, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

If you want to find any of them go to a pumpkin patch (they apparently spend a lot of time there). Then look for someone in a $50.++ sweat shirt and $60. and up pair of jeans. Smiley LOL

@okaywitheasypay  Lol

Honored Contributor

There have been times I didn't buy something because I never went to the places where the clothes were supposed to be worn.

Smiley Wink  Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink` Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 

You make a good point.

"This is perfect to wear out in a muddy field to pick pumpkins."

___________________________________-

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

There are a lot of good points raised in this thread.  I also think that when there is much talk about how and where to wear, and talk about the pretty colors, they are deflecting from talking about the quality of the workmanship and frabic. Red flag for me.

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

If you want to find any of them go to a pumpkin patch (they apparently spend a lot of time there). Then look for someone in a $50.++ sweat shirt and $60. and up pair of jeans. Smiley LOL

Don't forget apple picking!  I have my outfits all picked out!!