Honored Contributor

It's their way of selling you MORE clothes to wear to events that you never thought required a special outfit.

Super Contributor

Say anything to sell something

Respected Contributor

And wear those PJs to the theater too.  Yeah right.  

Valued Contributor

I really don't know who these long presentations appeal to but it's not me. I would rather see more items in each hour except all these fillers of laughing, drinking wine, exchanging family tid bits and arm waving. We know who they are and mute them all or watch something else. 

Respected Contributor

If you want to find any of them go to a pumpkin patch (they apparently spend a lot of time there). Then look for someone in a $50.++ sweat shirt and $60. and up pair of jeans. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

Suggesting that today's TSV pj's be worn on an airplane is only encouraging sloppy appearance and inappropriate attire. Who would wear those pj's out in public? The host should at least suggest something realistic.  

DH and I have flown several times in the past year and sad to say, people do wear this sort of clothing and believe it or not, even worse. 

I remember the first plane ride I took in 1966.  Wore panty hose, a skirt, etc., etc.  While that was the other extreme, many people these days dress like slobs.

Honored Contributor

@GDonut    Once the host has given the basic information about the garment (2  minutes max) what would you like to have her talk about?  Her kids, pet, vacation to Disney World? She can't just stand there and smile.

There are people out there who haven't a clue what to wear where.  Most of the experienced hosts who are good salespeople will start combining pieces that are sold in the same show so the customer can assemble a complete outfit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

And wear those PJs to the theater too.  Yeah right.  

Oh I love when the one hosts keeps saying to wear things to the theater. I personally have never been to the theater, and I'll bet most QVC buyers haven't either.It's just not my cup of tea, give me a good book. You made me laugh!!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GDonut    Once the host has given the basic information about the garment (2  minutes max) what would you like to have her talk about?  Her kids, pet, vacation to Disney World? She can't just stand there and smile.

There are people out there who haven't a clue what to wear where.  Most of the experienced hosts who are good salespeople will start combining pieces that are sold in the same show so the customer can assemble a complete outfit.

That's the reason a lot of us wish that they would just present the facts about the item, show it on the models, and then move on to the next item.  Filling 15 minutes with one blouse is a waste of time and I think that's what causes the hosts to drift off and talk about things that most of us don't care to hear.

Respected Contributor

And I bet there is a number of QVC buyers who have, and do go to the theater and other cultural events on a regular basis. We don't all live in the same bubble.

And curious how many online retailers have seen a loss in sales compared to the last two years. I think the pandemic's online buying frenzy of the past could only result in a comparable drop in sales.