Honored Contributor

Host modeling the wrong size...

If the host is going to model the clothes, the correct size should be worn.  Tonight on Candace Bure's show, Shawn's top and blazer did not fit.  The yellow top was tight and small.  Since it was so tight, it barely fell past her waist.  The blazer was so small that when she tried to button it, she couldn't.  It was very obvious when she tried.

It just doesn't do any justice to the brand when the host is wearing ill fitting clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host modeling the wrong size...

Unfortunately @San Antonio Gal the joggers are at least 2 sizes to small.  

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   She mentioned that she realized during her vacation that she'd gained weight so she's working on losing.  Unfortunately, in some items she's still wearing the wrong size.  

Honored Contributor

Just buy YOUR size, it's not a big deal.

Always picking on Shawn or one of the other hosts/vendors, SHEESH! 

I've heard the hosts at Q and H mention the samples are limited and in many cases their own size isn't available.

Shawn did well tonight with Candace. A number of items sold out. This brand has a nice niche at Q 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Luckily, if it don't fit, you must acquit.  At least in the gloves department.  👋

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

That's life.  Ups and downs.  Samples are limited too.  I even hear Amy say do not have in my XXsmall plenty of times.

Honored Contributor

If they dont have the host's size available then they should not wear the item.  It gives the wrong impression of the clothing.  I thought Shawn looked awful in the clothing through no fault of her own.  Its what the stylists put her in.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

For the first time in a long time I watched an entire show. I thought she did a good job. She is admittedly quirky but I like her. I do agree that is the sample size is not your size don't wear it. The model was great!  That blazer was cute! It's the year of the blazer! Yea! I agree that ccb is nice addition to the q. I have purchased a few items over the last few years and I'm very pleased! I bought her Demin dress and I love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If the clothes don't fit, whether it's a host or a model, they shouldn't be wearing it. That always looks so ridiculous, and does nothing for the item.  If their size isn't there, fine.  Just present it and rely on the models (when they are in the correct size). 

It's not an indictment on Shawn or any host.  Let's get back to why they're wearing the clothes in the first place -- to give the actual shopper a chance to decide how it should look so they can make a purchase, and minimize returns. 

If we're supposed to only go by measurements online, why have models at all?  Why have hosts try on so many clothes? 

Respected Contributor

Shawn stated that the clothing was not her size.  No problem because many of the models look like they wearing the wrong size much of the time too. Still better than viewing on a hanger!!