Contributor

I really Like Sue Clifton from Dooney and was looking forward to the show as well.  I had to turn it off after 20 minutes, though.  The host would not even allow Sue to speak.  Sue is so calm and pleasant, the host --not so much!

Respected Contributor

If Jane's selling style weren't effective, she wouldn't continue to use it. I'm wiling to bet she moves a lot of product. Many people like her, and I enjoy watching her.

Honored Contributor

@5missy wrote:

I really Like Sue Clifton from Dooney and was looking forward to the show as well.  I had to turn it off after 20 minutes, though.  The host would not even allow Sue to speak.  Sue is so calm and pleasant, the host --not so much!

@5missy

Me too. She's very easy to listen to; great voice, pleasant delivery.

I hope she sees hefty compensation for her time in front of the camera with some of these characters!

Recently she was presenting with Shawn a leather crossbody bag. Shawn asked who Sue would gift it to and Sue said her 30+ year old DIL. Shawn's response was that she was going to gift the almost $200.00 bag to her 10 year old niece!

That just struck me as all kinds of wrong! I suppose she was trying to point out the versatility but I don't know many adults that want to carry a bag that's appropriate for a 10 year old!

Occasional Contributor

Hosts (and designers) should not talk over each other just to hear themselves say "so pretty" or "you'll love this."  It usually happens just as their describing a color or some other part of my decision to buy and item.  One or the other such take the lead, and I don't need to know about your personal life.  I understand hosts and designers want us to connect with them, but first and foremost, this is a buying medium.