Trusted Contributor

Re: Host giving easy pay price without stating it is easy pay

My pet peeve is when they state the easy pay price not the whole price. I feel like I'm being deceived, I wonder how many people order that way not realizing what is going on. HSN was notorious fo this now QVC. When they do this at times I have to do a double take on the real price. Bad business practice.
Respected Contributor

'You can get it home for just $25!" Or fill in the price. HSN does it too..so tacky....correct technically,

but cheesy and misleading!

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree!  So many times they only give the one easy pay price. They should ALWAYS give the full price first, then the easy pays.

Super Contributor

It clearly is a sales tactic that is lost on me. I saw something recently and thought hmm not bad for $20 and thought about ordering. Then paid attention and realized it was $80 on 4 easy payments of $20. If I was debating its value at $20 I most certainly took a pass at $80.
Respected Contributor

Oh, please!   All the shopping channel hosts do that and they've been doing that since shopping channels came into existence.  The full price info is on the tv screen. 

Respected Contributor

....all you have to do is look at your tv screen, look in the box, it's right on the screen, the full price and number of easy pays and the monthly easy pay. 

Valued Contributor

It's their sales technique.  Make it seem as cheap as possible.  In many cases, it's the best thing the Q has going for it.  You can buy a product elsewhere but the Q stresses that you can only get easy pay from them.   Buyer beware.

Respected Contributor

I have noticed that many hosts are doing this now, especially during the mid-year clearance shows. Anyone with a brain can figure out the total price. I don't even do ez pay anymore. If I see something I want I just pay for it all at once.

Honored Contributor

Everybody should know by now how these show hosts operate, it's just the schpeal they give to get us to buy. QVC used to be the best place to shop for good products at better than brick and mortar prices, but not any more. The only way they can get people to buy is offer the easy pay.