Super Contributor

Re: Host Wearing Denim Jeans

I have no problem with anyone wearing jeans. Take a look around and well at least in my area most people wear yoga/athletic clothing or leggings that make jeans look elevated. Also seeing more and more people in pajamas is what get's my attention. I just chuckle and go on about my business. To each his own I guess.

Mint

Trusted Contributor

i don't see anything wrong with hosts wearing jeans on air. they sell it, majority of us wear it (and not just to the supermarket), and it's not like qvc or any shopping network is a sophisticated show where the hosts have to be all dressed up. they just need to be appropriately dressed. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I started working years ago we had to wear classy business attire. By the time I left we had dress down Fridays.

DH went from suits & ties to jackets no ties,to no jackets, to business casual,to jeans & tee shirts.The exception is when he has a business meeting in NYC every few months. This didn't hinder his ability to do his job. Nor did it interfere with his many promotions.

My point is like it or not we've become a more casual society.I have no problem with hosts wearing jeans.As long as they look good in what they choose to wear.

Six years ago my son, just out of college, went for a job interview in NYC. He was told by the guy who interviewed him that though qualified, he wasn't getting the job because he came dressed in a suit & they're a casual business!! The interviewer wore jeans.

Respected Contributor

Jeans is all we wear where I work and it is an office..  Times have changed and I started out in skirts and dress slacks too.

I'm glad too and I can buy clothes I can wear when I retire too.  I can also dress up when I feel like it too and  not have too.  So liberating to dress like I want.

Esteemed Contributor

The sell lots of jeans. Why wouldn't they wear them on air? 

Respected Contributor

QVC is selling more and more casual clothes and lots of jeans. A lot of the host I feel don't look that great in their own personal clothes choice & look better when they have to wear say a tsv.

I look at Amy Morrison on hsn and I dislike her personal taste esp the dresses she wears, they look like 80s dresses. Also Jane T. choices. 

So wear jeans and a nice top but let the models change their clothes and wear the product, I don't care to see the host changing out every item they sell. That's what they pay the models for.

Valued Contributor

If the managment at the Q doesn't care about the hosts wearing jeans why should I care?

Honored Contributor

The hosts were taken to task a short time ago for wearing designer clothes and accessories. Now it’s jeans. Perhaps they should just come in pajamas. Oh wait, that was also a complaint. They can’t win.

Esteemed Contributor

@qshopper712 wrote:

QVC host don't dress to impress anymore. I think the blue jeans on air is an insult to the viewers as they don't put any effort in what they wear on air and the look comes off as if they are going to the supermarket. Previous host like Lisa Robertson elevated the dark denim and made it look sophisticated and elegant. Please let me know what you all think.

I think the phrase "dress to impress" as applied here, and the idea of being insulted by a host wearing blue jeans is wryly amusing.

Since it's Sunday, and you dragged the long gone Lisa R into it as your example of sophistication and elegance, I do wonder if you sometimes post as JONNYSBRO?

Honored Contributor

You have got to be kidding!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)