Honored Contributor

Re: Host Wearing Denim Jeans

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

The hosts were taken to task a short time ago for wearing designer clothes and accessories. Now it’s jeans. Perhaps they should just come in pajamas. Oh wait, that was also a complaint. They can’t win.

@proudlyfromNJ 

I DO have a problem with the hosts wearing very expensive designer clothes/shoes that are NOT sold on QVC....they should support their QVC vendors and can wear what they want on their own time!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

When I started working years ago we had to wear classy business attire. By the time I left we had dress down Fridays.

DH went from suits & ties to jackets no ties,to no jackets, to business casual,to jeans & tee shirts.The exception is when he has a business meeting in NYC every few months. This didn't hinder his ability to do his job. Nor did it interfere with his many promotions.

My point is like it or not we've become a more casual society.I have no problem with hosts wearing jeans.As long as they look good in what they choose to wear.

Six years ago my son, just out of college, went for a job interview in NYC. He was told by the guy who interviewed him that though qualified, he wasn't getting the job because he came dressed in a suit & they're a casual business!! The interviewer wore jeans.

@NicksmomESQ   I think had I been your son, I would have sued him.  That is pure discrimination as I have ever heard it.  People dress the way they feel the interviewee wishes them to dress.  He had no way of knowing if he was not told ahead of time.  What an insult to his intelligence and any workforce.  The very nerve of that jerk telling him he would not hire him because he dressed too nice.  I would not want to work for a disgusting a** like that.

Contributor

Regarding not being hired because you wear a suit has nothing to do with discrimination. You should study and get to know the company to see if you are a good fit and that includes dress codes. His being turned down is probably because he showed he had not done his "homework" well enough.    

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen Rick wear jeans often while on air....

So the female hosts should be allowed to wear jeans too...

Honored Contributor

I don’t mind the hosts wearing jeans, as long as they don’t look like hobos.

What l don’t care for is hosts (one in particular) who dress like they are on the way to the gym.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I don’t mind the hosts wearing jeans, as long as they don’t look like hobos.

What l don’t care for is hosts (one in particular) who dress like they are on the way to the gym.

@handygal2 

Or like they just came from the beach....🏖️

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@qshopper712 wrote:
QVC host don't dress to impress anymore. I think the blue jeans on air is an insult to the viewers as they don't put any effort in what they wear on air and the look comes off as if they are going to the supermarket. Previous host like Lisa Robertson elevated the dark denim and made it look sophisticated and elegant. Please let me know what you all think.

What do I think?  I live in jeans, towards the end of my work career, everyone wore jeans even though years before we wore suits, heels, etc.  Times change.  Styles change, work ethics don't.  If you want to impress, do a good job!

As far as hosts like Lisa Robertson, I remember her wearing basics like black pants and a black tee shirt, so she could make quick clothing hanges on air to show merchandise she was selling.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@guuuus wrote:

Regarding not being hired because you wear a suit has nothing to do with discrimination. You should study and get to know the company to see if you are a good fit and that includes dress codes. His being turned down is probably because he showed he had not done his "homework" well enough.    

Exactly rght @guuuus .

In this age of the internet, companies expect a potential employee to do their research and know something about the company.

That young man made a fatal error that probably could have been avoided.

Respected Contributor

I care LESS about WHAT they WEAR and more about the CONSTANT drivel, instead of the product/item facts.

Trusted Contributor

I have no problem at all with hosts wearing jeans...as long as they are neat, clean and don't have paint spatters or holes all over them.

What bothers me is when I see people at airports or as another poster referenced, in convenience stores or supermarkets wearing pajama bottoms, and sometimes even slippers that look like obvious slippers (some slippers can look like shoes or clogs almost, so they aren't so bad!)  It just makes people look as if they just rolled out of bed!

Haven't we been a jean society for quite a while now?