Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

I like Shawn a lot and enjoy her as a host.  I just switched channels and see what you are talking about.  Usually, I like her hair, but tonight it looks like the hair stylist took the rollers out of her hair but didn't have time to comb it.  What's up with the top and back?  Weird looking.

I sometimes think Shawn and Kerstin try all these different hairstyles and try and compete with each other, lol.  Oh well, at least it's out of their eyes.

In my opinion, Kerstin tries very hard to channel Shawn. I certainly don't think it's the other way around and don't think Shawn gives a hoot what Kerstin wears or how she does her hair. 

And I love the look of curled hair that looks like it hasn't been brushed out. It's very on trend and I like to do my hair sometimes like that too. 

I said both of them try to outdo each other and not that Shawn tries to outdo Kerstin.  But you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to it.

Just now, even Shawn said she needed a "makeup and hair" moment and Dennis said, "yes, look at your hair", so there must be something noticeable.  LOL.

Anyway, I don't think it's on trend to leave your hair unbrushed when you take curlers out of your hair, but if that is the way you like to wear your hair sometimes, then "Knock yourself out".  We just agree to disagree and there is nothing wrong with that.  I adore Shawn but I just don't like her hair tonight.  No big deal.

Occasional Contributor
I do believe hairstyle reflects ones personality. However, when a host’s hairstyle becomes a distraction, it is then time to rethink your hairstyle.
Super Contributor

Like Shawn as a host  a lot but have never liked any of her hairstyles...too blonde, too chunky highlights,odd cuts,hanging in her face, looked very dry and a mess tonight. Just my opinion . She goes for edgy but I think a softer look would show off how cute she is ...but she owns it for sure ,so kudos to her Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I don't know this for sure but in my opinion I think Shawn is letting her hair grow out and she is just doing different things with it to get through the in between stages with it. We have all been there at one time or another I think and it is really hard to know what to do with it while in this process. I know myself going through it I have had some crazy hair days.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn's hair always looks a bit off to me but she must think it looks good so that's all that matters.  I don't think she's growing it out though, even with the long piece in the front.  I think it's just a funky look she likes.

Honored Contributor

Sandra wears extensions

Trusted Contributor

Although I don't personally like Shawn's hairdo's lately, I agree with others that it is her hair and she can do what she wants.  I think she is a cutie and seems to be a very sweet, fun loving lady.

Valued Contributor

I like people's hair better when it is out or off the face.  Channeling Jennifer Aniston by always pushing your hair out of your eyes, or tucking it behind your ear, seems to be a crutch for some people almost like a tic.  I sound like my grandmother, who said it to me for years when I was a kid, but it is true.  At least pull your hair up even in a cute barrette if it is really short but going through the akward growing out phase, or just a headband is better than the bangs so long that they are in the eyes. 

-

I think the ladies are all lovely but the stylists try far too hard.  I personally did not like the boots (fold down black ones) that Shawn had on last night during Fashion Night In.  Those were more distracting to me than any hairdo. Smiley Happy

-

My gripe is about the makeup lately. I would say not every single hostess needs to have a dark smoky made up eye, there is no originality in that.  Most skin, unless it is completely perfect and no wrinkles or crinkles around the eye, does not look that good in hiDef with all eye makeup, liner, lashes and darker shadows.  The muted tones, aka a daytime smoky eye, would be more kind to the eye areas for many.  Again, this is not the hostesses it is the makeup artists. I am 41, and I rarely do a smoky eye unless it is some special event because I have very, very fine lines starting but I just think it is too severe a look for most occasions.    

Honored Contributor

I generally have no opinion about a person's hairdo .... just figure it's their business if they want to look that way.

BUT ... what is/was the deal with the "balls of hair" (top knots) recently?  That was the oddest hair style I've seen in a long time.  Looked like someone popped a door knob on their heads.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elizabeth03- I reacted the same way as you when I saw Shawn's hair. My opinion is probably not one that most here will agree with, but that's okay. I suppose she does have the right to wear her hair any way she wants, but she looked to me like she didn't bother to style it or even brush it. She's always worn cute and edgy clothes and looks really put together - not last night in my opinion. Hosts have a lot of influence over styles and trends, and I can't imagine that someone with the QVC brass didn't take a double look, just as some of us did. She just didn't project the Q imagine that I normally see.