Honored Contributor

Re: Honest opinions.....does anyone shop at Blair?

I get the catalogs regularly because I'd buy my mom's clothes from them.  I ordered  for myself, several long sleeve v-neck tops last fall and they are great - excellent quality.  I also wear a couple of the jackets that were my mom's. 

Blair is actually the same company as Old Pueblo Traders and several others.  Here's what I found when ordering for my mom - you have to be very careful to check the fabrics before ordering.  They have some excellent fabrics and they have some absolutely awful ones.  You can usually tell by the price - if it looks too good to be true, it's probably one of those really cheap synthetics.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I get their catalog and I did order a top a few months ago.  Their sizing runs big so I had to return the top.  Return shipping was $10 on a $25 top. 

Respected Contributor

I used to buy from them but have not for years. I had bought some mens items for a gift and when the box arrived it was totally destroyed. The items were torn open and falling out. It was probably the post offices fault. I called Blair and they were not at all concerned and did not want to replace the items so I was done with them after that.

Respected Contributor

I used to get their catalogs in the mail, but their clothing mostly didn't interest me.  Also, they don't carry XS sizing, so nothing would fit me.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

I buy lots of tops from Blair!  They had a housecoat that I liked so much I ordered several more and put aside for the future.  LOL

There is almost always a free shipping code available, which i love!  I've never had a problem with quality; however, I usually order casual clothes and pay close attention to the style, cut and material.

Hope this is helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been buying from Blair for years...once you get on their catalog list you will keep receiving them...often good sale prices...free shipping...etc...

The quality is top notch...shipping is much quicker then the Q..most times...so are returns...

Esteemed Contributor

I actually never heard of them before but I was looking for a sweater vest in solid colors preferably ivory or white and Blair came up so I checked out the vests and saw one in particular with buttons just the right length not long on sale for $17 - ordered two and I am very pleased with the purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

They have some cute tops on their website - do any of you shop there?

TIA!

I ordered from Blairs about a year and a half ago...i ordered a pair of jeans...........when they came they had a horrible odor.....the kind you get from clothes that are usually imported ...that chemically smell..............it was very strong...i washed the jeans a couple times and it didn't decrease the smell...i ended up getting rid of them....never ordered from there again....

Honored Contributor

There is nothing wrong w/Blair. Why are you asking this question?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I actually never heard of them before but I was looking for a sweater vest in solid colors preferably ivory or white and Blair came up so I checked out the vests and saw one in particular with buttons just the right length not long on sale for $17 - ordered two and I am very pleased with the purchase.

@Luvitorleaveit1,I used to see them advertise in the little "Parade" magazine that was always in the Sunday newspaper.