Valued Contributor

I'm 70 and I'd wear it in a heartbeat ♥ - I actually have a few tops that are similar.

Colors and bright patterns make me feel happy, and I don't give a rip what anyone else says or thinks about my fashion choices.

Respected Contributor

I'm 74 and it's a bit much for my taste - all those colors and prints!!!  But the style would look great on me - accentuates my smaller waist.  It would give me a great hourglass figure!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

No.  At that age I would not.  Makes you look like you think you are younger than you are.  There's a saying for that:

Mutton dressed as lamb. 

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 

Do you wear a lot of prints?   Some prints are just too busy, but it depends on whether solids look a lot better on you.

I guess the best way to describe it is because sometimes it doesn't look like the woman is wearing the garment, the garment is wearing her.   Highly individual, but I hope my point is clear.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

No.  At that age I would not.  Makes you look like you think you are younger than you are.  There's a saying for that:

Mutton dressed as lamb. 

Would that be the same for those who color their gray hair?

There are those who think it makes them look 20 years younger without gray hair.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Mutton dressed as lamb. 

I saw a woman in church who was about seventy. She was wearing one of those "baby doll" dresses with high waist, puffy sleeves, ruffled hemline well above the knee. She caught my eye because of the incongruity between her face, hair, skin vs the teenage vibe of the dress. My very first thought was "trying too hard". I don't ever want to be like that. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I say go fot it.   No matter your age, there are some people who can pull off a certain look or style and someone else the same edge couldn't.  My mom is soon to be 88 and doesn't dress like a "typical" 88 year old.  She looks young for her age and wears younger looking clothing.  She  receives tons of compliments on her style.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

i like these types of boho tops in cotton or linen. solid colors.  

Trusted Contributor

Ma'am you're 70. Rock whatever the heck you want!😎

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

It's classic tunic top that would accommodation anyone, at any age.  It would also work on any figure type.